Electrician Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fixture that requires two people to hold the base of of the light fixture to the ceiling that is roughly 3' in diameter. Don't think a single man lift would suffice. Are there other mechanical means that can be used on the first floor of a single family house with a basement below. Can't say I recall ever seeing a two man lift other then a scissor lift. I'm assuming my ultimate solution is scaffolding with outriggers to support my 20' height? Any recommendations would be helpful.

·
Banned
4,505 Posts
Salvatoreg02 said:
I have a fixture that requires two people to hold the base of of the light fixture to the ceiling that is roughly 3' in diameter. Don't think a single man lift would suffice. Are there other mechanical means that can be used on the first floor of a single family house with a basement below. Can't say I recall ever seeing a two man lift other then a scissor lift. I'm assuming my ultimate solution is scaffolding with outriggers to support my 20' height? Any recommendations would be helpful.
I just use a double sided 16 ft step ladder

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
16' double sided ladder as long as it's not a pos most rental centers have them around here they go for like $60.00 or so. Or you can go 12'-14' tressel.

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
More info. A lot depends on the anchor hardware.

The ceiling is 20'?

That puts you on a 16' ladder.

How far off the ground is the bottom of the fixture where the holders would be? Typically the bottom of the fixture would be at....12'?

The two holders, no problem on 8 to 12" ladders.

One issue is keeping the ladders out of each other's way.

The top guy may really have to stretch to reach the canopy. If it's a simple carabiner, no problem. If he has to lean over and use tools to anchor the hardware, it gets dicey.

·
Banned
4,505 Posts
mdfriday said:
That's what we do. I think it was $800 to $900 if I remember right. it save time in set up and tear down. Standing it up takes a bowl of wheaties. Taking it down takes another.
I paid $680 for it back in 2006.

It's paid for itself several times over.

2 guys can hang one without crystal in a couple of hours.

Screw that scaffolding crap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.