Electrician Talk banner

Change of season....

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  MDShunk 
#1 ·
This change of season brings about a different type of service call....

Make sure you stock your truck with:
-photocells of all types
-1/2 and 3/4 PVC fittings of all types
-UF cable
-paddle fan boxes of all varieties
-boots suitable for muddy conditions
-outdoor lamps (175W MV, 400W MH, 400W HPS)
-digging tools
-spare dry summer shirt
-T87 stat with heat/cool sub-base
-Arlington Gard-n-Post

Feel free to add to the list of items that you carry on the truck especially during the summer time.

#2 ·
MD ,

I will like to add this extra item which it going be pretty common is the outdoor whip for central airconding units

extra genral usage contractor [ belive me i get few call with no cooling due the contractor burnted up ]

extra bubble cover as well i get few call from gfci dont work and get loaded of water in there

Merci, Marc

#3 ·
While I don't keep things like the digging tools or large lamps on the truck I agree with much of the rest.

I strongly agree with the extra clothes. I sweat. Really sweat. So I am good for two or three shirts on the average summer day.
I also have a supply of shoe covers for those in and out of the jobsite house/office days.

How about a good stock of weatherproof boxes and covers and in-use covers.
I like the P&S in-use covers. They can be used horizontal or vertical.

#6 ·
yup can put the wire lube back in, the buried cable caution tape, Wasp Spray, insect repellent my new Greenlee hat :)
Yes, indeed. I was fixing a triplex today, and got hammered by several bees. Went through two cans of bee spray today alone. Those cans don't go far. Yes, stock up on a couple cans of wasp spray... 'tis the season.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.