Electrician Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a year ago I left a large shop and went with a few friends and helped them start a company knowing I wanted to one day get masters license good experience.i have worked my fingers to the bone twenty four thirty hour days weekend holidays etc with a lot of on the road work.I now have a opportunity to work for a smaller shop that doesn't travel more then fifty miles from there home shop.home everyday not sure about pay and other benies.will have the formal job offer in my email tomorrow.will make my wife really happy time to start a family.now do I owe these guys since am friends with all of them anything more then two weeks and the pickup clean?like to get som opinions.i know they will not be happy either way is business just business?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes we have discussed it they would rather move out to more profitable areas instead of being in the highly competitive towns with lots of other ec's.right now it's is five hours between leaving my house and hitting a job site.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
35,341 Posts
There has never been anybody on his death bed who said he wished he spent more time at work.
Well pretty soon there will be, Hugh Heffner............:thumbsup:

·
WWMDSD
214 Posts
Sometimes change is good, like most guys here I've had several ex bosses and each one taught me a way of doing electrical work from a different viewpoint. Whether it was a new way to save time on an install or bending pipe with just an eyeball it contributed to my experience level.

Regardless I've never regretted it

·
Premium Member
20,109 Posts
About a year ago I left a large shop and went with a few friends and helped them start a company knowing I wanted to one day get masters license good experience.i have worked my fingers to the bone twenty four thirty hour days weekend holidays etc with a lot of on the road work.I now have a opportunity to work for a smaller shop that doesn't travel more then fifty miles from there home shop.home everyday not sure about pay and other benies.will have the formal job offer in my email tomorrow.will make my wife really happy time to start a family.now do I owe these guys since am friends with all of them anything more then two weeks and the pickup clean?like to get som opinions.i know they will not be happy either way is business just business?

has the pay been really good to the point where you were able to put away lots of cash?
If you are married and have not had children yet. have you considered moving five hours awaay and working in the more opportunistic areas?
Its nice to live where ever you want as long as you can support yourself there.

·
Premium Member
20,109 Posts
Sometimes change is good, like most guys here I've had several ex bosses and each one taught me a way of doing electrical work from a different viewpoint. Whether it was a new way to save time on an install or bending pipe with just an eyeball it contributed to my experience level.

Regardless I've never regretted it
you may also have taught others something along the way

·
Registered
12,167 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well so far the new employer is offering more Ching free insurance more pto paid birthdays and never to be more than fifty miles from the shop.and as far as moving I have had plenty of chances to move to closer to jobs I have always replied if I wanted to live there I would have already.

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
Damn it I almost replied without reading who posted it, I thought is was ShokDoc. :laughing:
I think Shock and I have some similar experiences, just some. Lucky for me I don't have police issues ...................... yet. :blink:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.