Electrician Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any opinions on these hand tools? They look legit but have had the chance to actually get my hands on them to try out.

·
Homer to Jebus
Electron Flow Consultant
825 Posts
I have their adjustable wrenches. Comfy as hell to grip. I would imagine the same thing with the rest of the pliers. I have the whole Channellock plier lineup in the standard handles. Great pliers + Great grip. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have their adjustable wrenches. Comfy as hell to grip. I would imagine the same thing with the rest of the pliers. I have the whole Channellock plier lineup in the standard handles. Great pliers + Great grip. :thumbsup:
Awesome. I've been thinking about giving them a try. Gonna order some of their screwdrivers first and try them out. Magnetic tips and the shank goes all the way through the handle. Can't be too bad. And their handles are shaped like Wiha handles

·
Homer to Jebus
Electron Flow Consultant
825 Posts
Awesome. I've been thinking about giving them a try. Gonna order some of their screwdrivers first and try them out. Magnetic tips and the shank goes all the way through the handle. Can't be too bad. And their handles are shaped like Wiha handles
I'd be weary of the screwdrivers, they're made in china vs. the US. :no:

·
:-)
3,670 Posts
Don't get zapped by the shank. :no:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Get the Channellock Code Blue Wide Azz adjustable wrench. Best adjustable wrench on the market. Opens as wide as a 14", but it's only 8" big. Very handy!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Any opinions on these hand tools? They look legit but have had the chance to actually get my hands on them to try out.
they do look comfy but i would be a bit leery about the shank through the handle when working on electric ckts.
also even with insulated grips our factory has strict rules regarding electrical tools (if they don't have the voltage protection rating stamped in them then they consider them illegal to use)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
they do look comfy but i would be a bit leery about the shank through the handle when working on electric ckts.
also even with insulated grips our factory has strict rules regarding electrical tools (if they don't have the voltage protection rating stamped in them then they consider them illegal to use)
Yea I would never use them on live circuits. I have some insulated screwdrivers for that lol.

·
Homer to Jebus
Electron Flow Consultant
825 Posts

My whole kit. I only own two Klein pliers. All the rest is Channellock. :thumbup:

·
Homer to Jebus
Electron Flow Consultant
825 Posts
That's looks awesome man lol. They hold up just as well as Klein?
Yep. And if they do finally break, I just take them back to Grainger and get another free pair. :thumbup:

·
Homer to Jebus
Electron Flow Consultant
825 Posts
You buy hand tools at Grainger? You must be rich.
Eh, not quite. Most of my tools were bought under a state contract. :whistling2:

Do have to admit though, I'd much rather buy from Grainger than anywhere else. I broke and lost some drill bits over time, I just call them up and next day there's a package at my door of replacements. Outstanding service. :thumbup:

Reactions: CyberKnight
1 - 15 of 15 Posts