Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
LAElectrician
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

About twenty years ago (1990) when it became obvious that computers were going to be a big part of running my business I decided to buy one and learn how to use it. Since I didn’t even how to type, I decided to write a short book about the things I thought were most important that I had learned as a contractor. I figured that by the time I finished writing the book I would hopefully know both how to use a computer and how to type.

Anyway, I ended up with a little book that I gave out to a few fellow contractors over the years but otherwise never really did anything with it. Would anybody like to read any of these chapters listed below. If anyone is interested, just post something here letting me know which chapter(s) you’d be interested and I’ll set up a link to the chapter and post the link on this thread.

Here are the chapters:

1. How To Find Customers
2. How To Sell Jobs
2 - A Finding Out What The Customer Needs And Wants
2 - B Agreeing With The Customer That You Can Do The Job
2 - C Making Money Agreements With Customers
3. How To Do Work For Customers
4. Collecting Money From Customers
4 - A Types Of Customers And The Customer Collection System
4 - B Customer Honesty
4 -C Rules And Tips For Collecting Money From Customers
5. Making A Profit On Your Jobs
6. Tips For Successful Contracting
7. Building Your Contracting Business
7- A Steps For Starting Or Expanding Your Business
7- B Employees
7- B Putting All Parts Of Your Business Together
8. Additional Aspects Of Contracting

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Hi Guys,

About twenty years ago (1990) when it became obvious that computers were going to be a big part of running my business I decided to buy one and learn how to use it. Since I didn’t even how to type, I decided to write a short book about the things I thought were most important that I had learned as a contractor. I figured that by the time I finished writing the book I would hopefully know both how to use a computer and how to type.

Anyway, I ended up with a little book that I gave out to a few fellow contractors over the years but otherwise never really did anything with it. Would anybody like to read any of these chapters listed below. If anyone is interested, just post something here letting me know which chapter(s) you’d be interested and I’ll set up a link to the chapter and post the link on this thread.

Here are the chapters:

1. How To Find Customers
2. How To Sell Jobs
2 - A Finding Out What The Customer Needs And Wants
2 - B Agreeing With The Customer That You Can Do The Job
2 - C Making Money Agreements With Customers
3. How To Do Work For Customers
4. Collecting Money From Customers
4 - A Types Of Customers And The Customer Collection System
4 - B Customer Honesty
4 -C Rules And Tips For Collecting Money From Customers
7. Building Your Contracting Business
7- A Steps For Starting Or Expanding Your Business
7- B Employees
7- B Putting All Parts Of Your Business Together

4. Collecting Money From Customers, A to C

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am really amazed about the marketer creativity as the recession tiden their budget all chapters are good to master :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
LA,
I must say, at first I thought you were trying to sell something, then I thought you were from Valencia. I was wrong. Welcome. I will be looking forward to reading your posts.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I'm interesting in reading your book; I'll give you some feedback on it. Make sure you distribute it as a PDF and include something in it about copy protection and what not, to protect your material.

·
child please.....
5,311 Posts
LA,
I must say, at first I thought you were trying to sell something, then I thought you were from Valencia. I was wrong. Welcome. I will be looking forward to reading your posts.
I'm not convinced he is not selling something here. When he posts a link to the book for free, then I'll be a believer.

·
LAElectrician
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My 20 year old contracting book is now posted

Hi everybody. Thanks for all your interest in my book. I have posted links to all the chapters of my book in another Thread. Just click here . I hope the various chapters will interest, entertain, and/or amuse you, rather than annoy you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts