Electrician Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Always check your receipts at HD. I bought a 3/4" X 18" auger a few weeks back and it rang up at $0.35 needless to say I have 15 now. Made them get down another box out of overhead. I've found a few gems like that and if it's something I use often I buy everyone in the store.

·
Premium Member
20,088 Posts
Why would you throw out a new breaker with a lifetime guarantee?
I'm not a hoarder with a barn full of crap I'll never find again.
Job is done, if I can't return it, m it goes in the trash. I've seen too many contractors buried in crap after only a few years.
Plus, I don't have to warehouse it, inventory it or pay tax on it.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I bought that breaker but it kept tripping for no reason so I returned it to the Totowa HD. I told them it was ng but they put it back on the shelf anyway.:laughing:
They put everything back on the shelf. I've had customers buy ceiling fans that had been returned and sealed back up, put on the shelf and resold with missing parts and one even had a broken glass and it said "broken glass" in magic marker on the inside flap of the box.

Another bought some circular fluorescent ceiling lights and they had paint and cooking grease on them.

I really hate HD and only go there for emergency materials. They are a huge waste of my time. If you need some Romex or a fitting and you know exactly where it is fine but to try and put together an entire job from their electrical aisle will likely leave you pissed off.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
That sounds even worse than Wal-Mart.

I feel lucky that I have Rexel, Graybar, and other suppliers in the area now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.