Electrician Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I found this website a couple weeks back and thought I would say hey! I am in Massachusetts (ugh) and have been a licensed electrician for the past 25 years. Spent 18 years in commercial/industrial and then moved into automation and controls. I spend most of my days at a computer now designing control systems, writing HMI software and programming PLC's with the occasional trip to the field for job start-up. I still keep a small group of conventional customers so I have a reason to break out all the tools and keep current. This site is great, a good mix of information exchange, bickering and (virtual) job site ribbing :thumbup:. Hope to see you all around the forum...

Kevin

·
evil bastard
15,771 Posts
Hello everyone, I found this website a couple weeks back and thought I would say hey! I am in Massachusetts (ugh) and have been a licensed electrician for the past 25 years. Spent 18 years in commercial/industrial and then moved into automation and controls. I spend most of my days at a computer now designing control systems, writing HMI software and programming PLC's with the occasional trip to the field for job start-up. I still keep a small group of conventional customers so I have a reason to break out all the tools and keep current. This site is great, a good mix of information exchange, bickering and (virtual) job site ribbing :thumbup:. Hope to see you all around the forum...

Kevin

Welcome to the forum. Most of the bickering is all in fun. Most...

·
Super Moderator
16,349 Posts
Welcome. Your credentials will be welcomed here. Never hurts to have a good control guy around in addition to the members we already have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Kevin,
Thanks for joining. I can see you are my age in electricals. In some parts of Africa, these modern technologies reach us late. Most of the newer ideas first implemented from your end. How can i get introduction to this digital automation,PLC. Of late all the new products come with digital control. It is sometimes realy hard tackling them from this end. Any advice.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts

Kevin
Welcome to the forum:thumbup:massachusetts:laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In some parts of Africa, these modern technologies reach us late. Most of the newer ideas first implemented from your end. How can i get introduction to this digital automation,PLC. Of late all the new products come with digital control. It is sometimes really hard tackling them from this end. Any advice.
Palongal,

If you are looking for a place to review the latest automation technologies and products there is a forum similar to this one that pertains to controls and automation. This would be a great place to ask questions and following current industry trends. http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/forumdisplay.php?f=2

KMH

1 - 10 of 10 Posts