Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gurus,

A customer is asking if the under cabinet lightings (12' LED strips, need 120 V AC to 12 V DC transformer ) and the corresponding electricals violate the code or not (I am a realtor). The customer says that one electrician says code violation and the other one says no violation. The one who says violation :"the electrical still needs to be relocated, the electrical under the cabinet now is for a fixture only" and he wants to open the wall and relocate the electricals. My understanding is that in a kitchen, wiring cannot come out of walls unless with proper junction box connections and a box is only allowed certain lengths, transformers must be exposed, kitchen needs to be 20 amps and branch circuits must be independant. No specific code mentioned by the electrician and I cannot find the corresponding code one of the electricians mentioned. So we come here for advice. If not too much asking, please share your comment, if any.

As you can see, the under cabinet lighting wirings in the kitchen are connected to a box. Even though they come out of the wall at this point, it can be easily pushed into the wall. The wirings are extended in the pictures just for the wiring convenience at this point. So my understanding is that there is no violation. Am I right?

Much appreciate!

John

·
Modérateur
8,693 Posts
Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ElectricianTalk.com is designed for electrical industry professionals to discuss issues and topics related to the electrical trades and related industries. Many of our professionals are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.