Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever use "circle F" devices back in the day? I have boxes and boxes of devices I got from an old timers garage. Now there gonna sit in my garage for the next next 50 years haha. They seem pretty tough and I like their logo haha I'm guessing they're out of business.

Attachments

·
Ambassador of Amps
9,518 Posts
Yeah, Ive seen them. Usually removing them though. replacing them with chinese crap that isnt going to last a year.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup, I've pulled out many myself. These are from a time when there was dozens of manufacturers of wiring devices, all of em with MADE IN USA stamped on them. What do we have today maybe 4 brands? Hubbell and Pass & Seymour barely make anything in US. The only ones still making some things here are Leviton and Cooper. Yeah I'm anal and try and use US made stuff whenever I can.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually did a quick search on them. Started out as E.H. Freeman Company around the turn of the last century in Trenton NJ. I'm not sure when they banged up shop.

·
Florida resident
3,898 Posts
nice can you show the auctual device

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
I've replaced many of their snap switches and three prong grounding outlets in my teenage years. Many sub divisions in my hometown used that brand.

·
Banned
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
33,456 Posts
I used to install those, lots of those.

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
I think I have some new in package down in the shop somewhere. They look great with Uni-line plates.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kind of old thread, but I installed many of those in the early 1980s. My boss must have bought a truck load. I remember the switches had a problem of the plastic cracking when I tightened the wire under the screw and I had to be more careful with them than any other brand we used.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
When did those stop being produced btw?
Well I was working on a house the other day that was built in 1989 and they had them in there so some time after that I guess. I do know that the factory where they were made in Trenton NJ is now apartments.

·
Banned
16,967 Posts
Once upon a time, New England, New York and New Jersey was the epicenter of wiring device and wire and cable manufacturers. T&B, Lightolier, Leviton, Eagle, Murray, AIW, Colt, GE, Hubbel, Bryant, P&S, and long defunct wire and cable brands were here. Some of the headquarters remain (Leviton, for instance) but the manufacturing is long gone.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts