Electrician Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day folks

I am wiring up 200 condo units in Regina and the prints show the deck plugs on a cct with lighting and other interior recept.
I looked for a code rule to see if this was ok but couldn't find any. The closest i got was table 26-2 in the 2012 CE code handbook stating that they had to be on dedicated ccts but they don't include any code rules explaining why.
Does anyone out there have any further info on this that could help clear things up, I like to show my apprentices code rules when i give them directives.
Thanks a bunch

·
:-)
3,670 Posts
I don't have the code handbook.

26-712 (b). Suggests you need a receptacle for the balcony.

Then we go to Single dwellings...
26-714 (a) Suggests you need a receptacle outdoors and
26-724 (a) wants those outdoor receptacles on their own circuit.

So a condo unit to me if it is apartment style (hi-rise?) 26-712. If they are all on the ground like many are now-days I'd put them on a separate circuit.

Nice job by the way.

You could always run it by the inspector.

·
Electrical Contractor
Trying to retire or at least slow down a bit, but life not cooperating
5,067 Posts
I don't have the code handbook.

26-712 (b). Suggests you need a receptacle for the balcony.

Then we go to Single dwellings...
26-714 (a) Suggests you need a receptacle outdoors and
26-724 (a) wants those outdoor receptacles on their own circuit.

So a condo unit to me if it is apartment style (hi-rise?) 26-712. If they are all on the ground like many are now-days I'd put them on a separate circuit.
but 26-724 states that only when accessible from ground level, is there the need for a separate circuit.
Therefore, as stated above, ground level patio/balcony would need separate circuits, and 2nd floor up don't. Just like the under eve Christmas light plug isn't GFCI or separate

·
3,670 Posts
You stand on them, Rye and Ginger ale or Coke in one hand and beads in the other. Soon they will come.

Once they do their thing you throw the beads at them. Crazy!

·
3,670 Posts
Oh the plug. Easier to spell than receptacle.

It's really about communication. Ask the man on the street how many plugs he has in his garage and he will tell you. Ask him how many male cord ends he has and he has no clue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts