Electrician Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm currently in college studying electrical engineering in addition to statistical studies. I've recently decided to use both I skills on a research project. A team and I are trying to find the home energy reports of certain neighborhoods in certain cities, preferably the specific electrical signature from house to house. I was wondering If anybody might know to gain access to this info, If so I would greatly appreciate it, thanks!

·
Registered
15,339 Posts
Hello all, I'm currently in college studying electrical engineering in addition to statistical studies. I've recently decided to use both I skills on a research project. A team and I are trying to find the home energy reports of certain neighborhoods in certain cities, preferably the specific electrical signature from house to house. I was wondering If anybody might know to gain access to this info, If so I would greatly appreciate it, thanks!
Power company, but unless you're from one of the alphabet agencies, good luck.

·
Registered
11,762 Posts

The utilities or the ISO for the pocos. Although ISO tend to be large chunks of the system rather than individual homes. Have you asked your professors to contact the local pocos?

Specific electrical signatures may be impossible for more than one home since not all have smart meters and even then the second to second load profile isn't always measured or even recorded.

My first thought would be to find volunteer homes such as your peers and hook up power recording devices to them and see what goes on.

Are you looking load patterns or more of an ocilliograh of wave form distortion?

·
Registered
11,762 Posts
An entire side of town consisting of multiple neighborhoods
POCO or possibly the ISO if the section is large enough. How the POCO will respond to individual customer information is any bodies guess considering the customer privacy thing. However you might luck with loading on individual feeders or sections as a whole since no customer confidentiality is broken.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.