1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts

·
Homer to Jebus
Electron Flow Consultant
837 Posts
Pay boatloads of cash for about 2 more paragraphs. Sites like that make me lol. :whistling2:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
original poster,
Please copy and paste the information held in that link. I am confident that you were not trying to be a douche by implying that people ought either pay cash to read the content of your initial post or that people without a subscription aren't worthy enough to weigh in on this. You have to understand that when people click the link it bring them to a page that asks for money.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Pay boatloads of cash for about 2 more paragraphs. Sites like that make me lol. :whistling2:
original poster,
Please copy and paste the information held in that link. I am confident that you were not trying to be a douche by implying that people ought either pay cash to read the content of your initial post or that people without a subscription aren't worthy enough to weigh in on this. You have to understand that when people click the link it bring them to a page that asks for money.
???

It's the EC&M website. It's free.

Yes, you need to register to read the article if you aren't already registered, but it doesn't cost "boat loads of money" and the link certainly doesn't bring you to a page that asks for money.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
EC&M is free. That_dude and uconduit, did you even bother trying to register?

Good article, and IMHO it relates directly back to the issue we were discussing last week regarding communication, specifically terminology. If everyone isn't on the same page, and tasks aren't communicated clearly, this sort of problem can happen. It may seem trivial to call a receptacle a "plug", but this sort of thing is the tip of the iceberg that leads to an incident. It also clearly illustrates how most accidents are the result of two or more failures. In this case the worker went to the wrong building, and then didn't understand the X and the lockout tag on what was being used as a junction box.

The picture of the cutter on the cable is spooky...could have been the worker's last view.

·
Registered
13,241 Posts
EBFD6 said:
???

It's the EC&M website. It's free.

Yes, you need to register to read the article if you aren't already registered, but it doesn't cost "boat loads of money" and the link certainly doesn't bring you to a page that asks for money.
But posting a link that asks you to register is in poor taste, maybe against the rules.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
But posting a link that asks you to register is in poor taste, maybe against the rules.
Then don't register. It's really not that big a deal.

Most likely the op was already registered there (obviously, he was reading the article) and when he posted the link didn't realize that you would need to register to read the article.

Either way, it's no big deal. It's free. If you don't want to register then don't and just move on to the next thread.

The things some of you guys get bent out of shape over is kind of funny sometimes.

·
Donuts > Fried Eggs
17,042 Posts
If that hadn't been shielded cable, that guy would've been in a burn ward.

Shame on that lead guy: Who the hell just gives blind instructions to a greenie about cutting cables in an environment like that? Obviously the guy wasn't qualified to assess the task by himself or properly verify that they were dead.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
original poster,
Sorry for the delay in responding.

I'm not sure what you are talking about concerning the 'money' because the site is FREE and I was already logged into that site and was reading the safety article when I posted the link.

Its FREE to register and you can use whatever screen name you want like others have pointed out.

Sorry if some people got upset about the link but I was only trying to help spur conversation over a safety issue that could save someones LIFE! Good Grief!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Energized or not, why was someone working in a MV Switchgear lineup alone, without the proper MV Voltage Tester.

The location chose he chose to cut the cable was also an indication that he was green.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts