Electrician Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was working in this house today doing a bit of work, when I noticed a marijuana sign on the one closet door. It was only a few seconds later that I noticed a blue-ish purple glow from the cracks around the door. "You've got to be kidding me", I told myself. I opened the door, something I never do in a customer's home if I don't need in there (until today), and it was just what I thought. Unbelievable. I just snapped a couple cell phone pics quickly, since the people were home. I thought bringing in a real camera might stir suspicion. :laughing:

Enjoy...

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,117 Posts
Hhmmmmmmmmmmm..... I wonder if there's any DEA agents reading the forums today?

BTW, did ya megger 'em out before ya left? :laughing:

·
Premium Member
20,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hhmmmmmmmmmmm..... I wonder if there's any DEA agents reading the forums today?
I don't think there's enough there to fuss with for them. On the other hand, this place was WAY out in the sticks. Thousands of acres of state game lands surround this property. This might just be the "nursery". There might be a lot more planted about outside. Funny thing was, the house reeked of weed, and all I saw were these three little plants. Could the odor from 3 plants be strong enough to stink up the whole house? I don't know much about this sort of stuff.

BTW, did ya megger 'em out before ya left? :laughing:
:no:

I did once have a guy want me to design and wire a control system for his basement grow room. I had to decline that work.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,117 Posts
I once did a rewire in an older house for the new owner. One room in the basement, about 6x8', had three 8' 2-tube fluorescents and eight keyless fixtures in it.

My guess is the previous owner was doing the same thing.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Marc- How did you know what weed smelled like???:whistling2:
I used to smell burning weed every day when walking into my high school. Attending events like rock concerts, etc, would also expose oneself to such nasty odors, which is distinctive enough that one never forgets what it is like.

My eyes would burn, and end up bloodshot.:eek:

·
Registered
625 Posts
"I don't know much about this sort of stuff"

Me too, but I believe it pays better than the EC sector . . .

Mark, did they pay you in cash?

Best Wishes

·
Premium Member
20,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
So they knew people would be in and out and they still left it there. Either they just don't care or they're dang stupid.

·
Premium Member
20,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So they knew people would be in and out and they still left it there. Either they just don't care or they're dang stupid.
I vote for stupid. I mean, if you're growing a little weed at the house, why in the world would you put a sign on the door saying exactly what it is? What's a shame is that there's little kids living here too, and the wife looked like she might be expecting. You run across all kinds in this line of work. Tomorrow morning is the oriental lady who won't let you wear shoes in her house. I'll have to make sure I have on my good socks. :laughing:

·
Registered
625 Posts

Duh! Think they may have been 'up' on sumpthin' ?

Best Wishes

·
Town Drunk
3,725 Posts
I vote for stupid. I mean, if you're growing a little weed at the house, why in the world would you put a sign on the door saying exactly what it is?
Advertising your own felonies.... :rolleyes:

mdshunk said:
Could the odor from 3 plants be strong enough to stink up the whole house?
Absolutely.

·
G.D.I
28 Posts
The last shop I worked for I was on an all day job and the H.O was a real talker. So we chatted most of the day and I guess he felt pretty comfortable around me, because when I was writing out the bill he casually offered me a bong hit. I was a little shocked and it took me a few seconds to politely decline

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
WHen you wrote out that bill, did you include all the non-productive time that was spent chatting with him? :blink:

Did he pay it?

·
Bababoee
9,187 Posts
I was working on a finish of a big house once ( my first go at running a jpob as a matter of fact) and the people who owned the house were really cool people ,and the woman was a real hottie. Italian lady in her early fourties and she was a fittness trainer so she was in great shape. Anyway i used to throw nice and tastefull comments to her all the time and she loved it. One day while i was working in her master bath there was a naked picture of her on the counter top.she had her arms up and was in a very provacative pose. when i saw it my eyes jumped out of my head and i ran to tell the GC (a man who appreciates the woman figure almost as much as me) when i found he knew right away that i saw it. He had a big **** eating grin on his face and said "nice hooters hug?"

·
Registered
9,118 Posts
I was working on a finish of a big house once ( my first go at running a jpob as a matter of fact) and the people who owned the house were really cool people ,and the woman was a real hottie. Italian lady in her early fourties and she was a fittness trainer so she was in great shape. Anyway i used to throw nice and tastefull comments to her all the time and she loved it. One day while i was working in her master bath there was a naked picture of her on the counter top.she had her arms up and was in a very provacative pose. when i saw it my eyes jumped out of my head and i ran to tell the GC (a man who appreciates the woman figure almost as much as me) when i found he knew right away that i saw it. He had a big **** eating grin on his face and said "nice hooters hug?"
Be careful. This is EXACTLY how Daniel Pelosi got started down the path to the dark side...:jester:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.