Electrician Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On pencil rod the stuff they hang tbar grid on normally I would use batwings but I can't get them fast enough cobra clamps hold tighter then the batwings anyway just need to know if there is any code rule against using them

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
On pencil rod the stuff they hang tbar grid on normally I would use batwings but I can't get them fast enough cobra clamps hold tighter then the batwings anyway just need to know if there is any code rule against using them
Not sure they are listed by the manufacturer for such use...but neither is tie wire. My concern would be that the pressure put on the pencil rod by the clamp might buckle the ceiling.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The grid is real bad already so far the few I have used have not bothered the grid and a couple have pulled it into place. I have not seen or found any code rules against it I figure they hold the best of all options should be ok

·
Registered
625 Posts
You cant use pencil rod to support emt if the pencil rod is holding up the ceiling. Technically using ty wraps around it is a violation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.