Electrician Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok I want to make sure I understand this correctly. I will be remodeling my house one room at a time and got a few questions on code. is all this right? i have not took the nec class yet. am i missing anything?

when remodeling my bath room I need to install gfi sockets on 20 amp breaker. now since it is a single bath room i can also hook in the lighting for the bathroom to this breaker yes 210.11(c)(3) ?

When remodeling the kitchen all outlets on counter tops and by sinks need to be gfi. counter top needs outlets if its 1 foot or bigger. sinks and stoves split counter tops and no point can be more than 2 ft from an outlet. I will have separate breakers for the refrigerators I have 2. I will have the counter outlets hooked up to a 20 amp breaker. so does that fulfill the 2 20 amp breakers aka circuits. also can i hook my lighting for the kitchen up to one of the Small Appliance Branch Circuit: 210.52(b)(1). would i be able to get away with it since there will be 3 circuits in their use one that a refrigerator is on?

the laundry room needs gfi by washer but not for the washer, needs gfi by any sink. i need the 30 amp breaker for the dryer and a 20 amp breaker for the washer that can be linked to any other outlet in the laundry room. can i hook a light to that 20 amp branch? 210.11(c)(2)

last but not least if i do redo like a bedroom or living room is it code to wire the outlets in one room to one breaker and add the light to the same breaker or do I need another breaker for lighting thought-out the house? I would like to have each room on its own breaker including lights. i know stove and kitchen are going to be on more than on but i'm talking bedrooms livings room etc..

i plan on adding a laundry and redoing kitchen and bath just wanted to make sure i would pass inspections.

OHH in an unfinished basement when not running wire parallel to farming members if you use a running board what size of board does it have to be? does it just depend on how many cables are going to be stapled to it? also does the board have to be perpendicular to framing members are can i run the boards at any angle to get the shortest distances for my runs?

·
Premium Member
20,984 Posts
ok I want to make sure I understand this correctly. I will be remodeling my house one room at a time and got a few questions on code. is all this right?
No, it's not all right. It's not even right that you posted a question, since this forum is for electricians only. You must not read very well. I actually hope your house burns down to the ground, although I also hope that no one is harmed.

Have a nice day.

Reactions: NolaTigaBait
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.