Electrician Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! i am studying for my code test thats coming up in 9 months. i ran across a question that im having a hard time finding in the code book. could you please help me out?

"Where the box is mounted on the surface, direct metal-to-metal contact between the device yoke and the box shall be permitted to ground the receptacle to the box if at least ONE of the insulating washers of the receptacles is (are) removed"

1 is the answer. but i cant find it in the code. i've looked in article 406 and 314 but i cant seem to find it. Help would be greatly appreciated it!! thanks!

·
Registered
7,054 Posts
Try Art 380.

Reactions: ramco

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MULTIOUTLET ASSEMBLY
380.1 SCOPE
380.10 USES PERMITTED
380.12 USES NOT PERMITTED
... .... its a one page article and i cant find anything pertaining surface mounted boxes or insulating washer :(
-thanks though.

·
Registered
7,054 Posts
It was a shot in the dark. Look up snap switches or devices in the index in back.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MOUSER FOR THE WIN!!!
i feel like such a dufas now... but here it is. Thank you Mouser!

Art 250.146 (A)

where the box is mounted on the surface, direct metal-to-metal contact between the device yoke and the box or contact yoke or device that complies with 250.146(B) shall be permitted to ground the receptacle to the box. at least one of the insulating washers shall be removed from receptacles that do not have a contact yoke or device that complies with- yadda yadda yadda-

thank you!

·
Registered
115 Posts
i feel like such a dufas now... but here it is.
I don't think you are a dufus. You just needed some help. You actually asked for help. That's actually the smart thing to do. Everybody who doesn't know something sounds stupid when they ask. That's only because they don't know...yet.
Keep on truckin'!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts