Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Looks like 5 wires coming out of the weatherhead? Parallel hots and derated neutral? The panels left and right of the meter will pass inspection here, but the POCO won't touch it.

How big of a hammer did they have to use to get those wires in that LB?

And why would you spend all that time rather than running straight up? Maybe there is a goofy requirement for all attachments to be on the backside?

·
Rest In Peace
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks like 5 wires coming out of the weatherhead? Parallel hots and derated neutral? The panels left and right of the meter will pass inspection here, but the POCO won't touch it.

How big of a hammer did they have to use to get those wires in that LB?

And why would you spend all that time rather than running straight up? Maybe there is a goofy requirement for all attachments to be on the backside?
The 6th wire is behind the lower neutral, look closer. I would have went straight up and moved the POA.
I got the work for next door, but will not be able to get to it until next Thursday. I will have an update then.

·
Professional Nit Picker
2,363 Posts
I agree they should have bought another stick of conduit instead of that LB. Ran it straight up and let the poco move their drop over and up.
My question is : what is the fill rating of the LB? Good chance it is overloaded , thus in violation.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.