Electrician Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening Lads,
Quick one…
I have been using "NEC CodeBooks" since 2005.
I have never used or seen a "NEC HandBook"

How much better is the Handbook Vs the Codebook and Is it worth the extra $70???

Thanks All,
Kurty

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Evening Lads,
Quick one…
I have been using "NEC CodeBooks" since 2005.
I have never used or seen a "NEC HandBook"

How much better is the Handbook Vs the Codebook and Is it worth the extra $70???

Thanks All,
Kurty
To me ...YES!
There is a lot of pictures that help clarify.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,117 Posts
The handbook contains the codebook, plus a 'plain English' interpretation of it. And pictures, too.

I always get both.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As a proud tradesman/electrician, I always try my best to comply to code. I know that the code constantly expands, in large part for safety and additional electrical applications in our advancing modern technologies. That being said….I think we can all agree that the big corporations in our industry have too much influence on the board and their financial interest are paramount over the integrity and safety for which the code was originally created. As the recent pics of the evolution of our book grows.

Im not going to buy my 2014 code book this year. Im going to slip a 2014 Handbook into a material list under our open PO at the supply house.

Remember… Tis easier to be granted forgiveness, than it is to be granted permission.

except with the wife…

Thanks for your help Lads, be safe

·
Registered
712 Posts
ive always cheaped out in the past with codebooks but with the tablet i got the 11 code pdf for free and bought the handbook off eBay. best choice ever! 25 bucks and i got every codebook pdf since 05 to 11 and the handbook. of course i assume it was illegal now.. got an email saying that seller was banned afterward. oh well..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts