1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Estwing magic
26,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
:-)
3,670 Posts
I could never figure out 5" cans. I've always stayed the course with Halo.

There are some bad cans out there. Thing that bothers me the most is as the can size reduces often the J-box size is reduced. WTF?

Mind you I've always wondered about stuff like that. I used to like carpenters hand wood saws (we all have our problems eh?). Never could figure out that if you bought a smaller saw the handle was smaller. Manufactures must figure only short little carpenters bought the little saws.

Nothing worse than using a hand saw with your 2 or 3 pinkies.

Same with some of the J-boxes. No chain wiring.

·
Registered
86 Posts
those 5" cans are "put it together yourself" cans, usually slightly bent just enough to make even more annoying. They also don't have wire clamps built in or included wire connectors. I'd rather pay more for cans that are a pleasure to work with

·
Banned
4,506 Posts
the canadian version of homedepot.com looks like its made for chicks
Yea well then I guess it fits. Since the canadian electricians that come here seem to act like chicks.

·
IBEW MEMBER
383 Posts
Anything printed or stamped "Commercial Electric" from HD (USA/CA) is garbage. Not worth my time or money.
my $8 plug tester has held up well, our company has a division that does electeic for trade shows. occasionally I go there and basically plug in extension cords all day. gravy money.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
fistofbolts said:
my $8 plug tester has held up well, our company has a division that does electeic for trade shows. occasionally I go there and basically plug in extension cords all day. gravy money.
i use a commercial electric plug tester i found solely for straightening out poorly installed receptacles

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.