·
Super Moderator
22,017 Posts
I am still trying to get use to the menu on the posts being on the bottom

·
Registered
36th year apprentice & Floor Sweeper
1,024 Posts
Not only is it tough with the separation lines between posts, it also separates the post and the person’s signature. And then the adds look like a member response. As I scroll down I look at the next poster’s name before the response. It takes a second because I don’t recognize the name, then I realize it’s an ad.
48ADA9A0-A411-4833-AC9E-897EF57E324D.png

·
Registered
36th year apprentice & Floor Sweeper
1,024 Posts
It is annoying to have to go out and then come back in just to see if there’s a new post in the controversial section.

·
Premium Member
Pres., GPS Timers
6,165 Posts
I'm still reaching for the Quick Links/ Mark Forums Read.
And I'm finally getting used to using the New because when I try to see New using a link it says New but I'm seeing Popular. Seems like a trap.

Mods:
Is there a way to bookmark New?
What's the URL?

·
Registered
Electrician
4,306 Posts
And I'm finally getting used to using the New because when I try to see New using a link it says New but I'm seeing Popular. Seems like a trap.

Mods:
What's the URL?
Why would you need a bookmark? The "New" is right beside your Account Avatar at the top right.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
3,292 Posts
Can I ask a huge favor of y'all?

Can we keep all feedback, questions, concerns, requests for help, etc.regarding the new platform here in our Community Feedback thread rather than starting new threads?

The reason this is important is that we will be seeing regular updates which are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers. By keeping all of the information in one thread, we can help make sure that we don't miss anything.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
Community Manager
3,292 Posts
How come none of the topics in the "Off Topic (Controversial)" section show up in the NEW section, Popular section, or the home screen in the new format? Who are you trying to silence? or is it just on my computer and phone?
The Off Topic section does appear within NEW. The Controversial Section does not as it tends to flood the community with controversial political threads this time of year. This is still a site focused on the Pro Electrical Trade, which just happens to also allow controversial topics.

You can however set it so that the forum sections that are most important to you show up at the top of the full listing page.

My Followed Forums

For sections of the community that have special importance to you, go to the forum section and click "Follow Forum".

You will see a list of options open for your preferences. Add a checkmark to your preferred options. Click Follow at the bottom.

Your Followed Forums will display at the top of the full Forum Listing page.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
3,292 Posts

Mods:
What's the URL?
NEW is for all UNREAD posts. Popular is the tab next to it once you click NEW.

If you want to bookmark it in your browser, it is: New Posts

·
Administrator
Community Manager
3,292 Posts
Not only is it tough with the separation lines between posts, it also separates the post and the person’s signature. And then the adds look like a member response. As I scroll down I look at the next poster’s name before the response. It takes a second because I don’t recognize the name, then I realize it’s an ad.
The developers are actively working on improving this for us.

·
Premium Member
Pres., GPS Timers
6,165 Posts
Why would you need a bookmark? The "New" is right beside your Account Avatar at the top right.
Because I'm a spoiled American and I want to be able to click right in to it from a bookmark without having to hunt and click from a landing page. We had that before and we have it now as our gracious host Miss Cricket explains above. :)

·
Registered
Electrician
933 Posts
Recommended reading....... At 1st I didn't like it because I was about to respond to a bunch of really old threads. Now that I know it's there and am used to it I really like it. It's a great feature when you're trying to find an answer to a question you have. You find one topic that is similar to what you're looking for, and the other ones it recommends do seem relevant. Thank you for this feature. (y)

Reactions: MikeFL

·
Administrator
Community Manager
3,292 Posts
Recommended reading....... At 1st I didn't like it because I was about to respond to a bunch of really old threads. Now that I know it's there and am used to it I really like it. It's a great feature when your trying to find an answer to a question you have. You find one topic that is similar to what your looking for, and the other ones it recommends do seem relevant. Thank you for this feature. (y)
The developers are continuing to work on improving relevance for the feature.

·
Just trying to get home
Site Engineer
2,104 Posts
Sorry. I was logged into our article account. That was me saying you know better than that. :)
You’re saying sorry for scolding me...that’s funny. :p

·
Registered
Electrician
4,306 Posts
Because I'm a spoiled American and I want to be able to click right in to it from a bookmark without having to hunt and click from a landing page. We had that before and we have it now as our gracious host Miss Cricket explains above. :)
But that was my point, you CAN CLICK right into it. Just click NEW! No bookmark needed.

ETA: Or are you saying you want to click a bookmark from your browser that goes straight to the "New" instead of going to the Home page of the Forum?
If so, I take everything back!!!

·
Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
13,475 Posts
Sorry. I was logged into our article account. That was me saying you know better than that. :)
:sneaky: I didnt mean "those" types of posts.
I meant x number of posts..
Hmm, someone is thinking naughty.

·
Just trying to get home
Site Engineer
2,104 Posts
well...yah

Don'tcha know that things are all about perceptions these days? It doesn't matter what you meant; it's how you make others feel.

121 - 140 of 178 Posts