Electrician Talk banner

141 - 160 of 178 Posts

·
Band Member
DIYer Extrodinaire
6,738 Posts
The Off Topic section does appear within NEW. The Controversial Section does not as it tends to flood the community with controversial political threads this time of year.
I noticed that when I'm offline, the Off Topic section does not appear.

Any way you can get that to show if looking offline ??

·
Registered
Scada Supervisor
2,270 Posts
Just a question.
Did an email go out saying the site was rebuilt and new?
I see names popping up of long time members that I have not seen before. That is a good thing, If not maybe one should go out to get people back.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
3,292 Posts
Just a question.
Did an email go out saying the site was rebuilt and new?
I see names popping up of long time members that I have not seen before. That is a good thing, If not maybe one should go out to get people back.
An email has not gone out but I believe the newsletter to be going out again soon.

·
Premium Member
Pres., GPS Timers
6,166 Posts
Where can we see our likes & quotes?
I see settings for how to accrue them but I don't see where to view / read them.

·
Registered
Master Electrician - Ontario
3,040 Posts
I noticed that a few of the members got the "paid upgrade"... other then the sale pitch on the Benefits... what is your thinking regarding the membership? Adblocker get rid of the ads, so are you supporting the site through this for things like Toy for Tots?

Cheers
John

·
Premium Member
Pres., GPS Timers
6,166 Posts
To be honest I didn't really do it for that reason so it's not something I was watching for. I did it just to kick in $20 to this venue which I enjoy to clear the brain fog a few times per day.

Now that you mention it, I don't see ads like I used to. I actually like the ads on this site because they're relevant to our work. It's nice seeing the latest offerings by those in the biz.

·
Registered
Master Electrician - Ontario
3,040 Posts
Can you make the "Location" more specific and make it visible in our little profile pic to the side? Specific location (State / Province) is so important for answering questions. Not sure what the requirements for our few non-North American members, but it might be helpful for them too.

Cheers
John

·
Registered
Electrical Contractor
1,389 Posts
Can you make the "Location" more specific and make it visible in our little profile pic to the side? Specific location (State / Province) is so important for answering questions. Not sure what the requirements for our few non-North American members, but it might be helpful for them too.

Cheers
John
I bet a drop-down menu would garner more compliance.

Reactions: Navyguy

·
Registered
Scada Supervisor
2,270 Posts
One of the things I like is quotes are condensed unless you expand them

Reactions: HertzHound

·
Registered
Electrical Contractor
1,389 Posts

·
Registered
Ready Mix concrete plant electrician
1,562 Posts
Would it be possible to get back the Thanks for this useful post feature? I tried to thank someone when a really helpful informative post was made. The like button isn’t really the same.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
3,292 Posts

Cheers
John
If you hover over the avatar or the flag it displays the member's location, provided they have added it.

Setting Your Location

Click on your avatar, near the upper right-hand corner of the site. Select account settings from the drop-down menu.

On the account settings page, scroll down to location.

As you start typing your city, it will offer you choices appear in the drop-down menu. Click to select the one that displays your location.

If you prefer to only display your state, simply type your state, and then click on it in the drop-down menu.

Within discussion threads, you will see your country flag displayed under your username.

User Location Privacy Settings

Click on your avatar and select Account Settings from the drop-down menu.

Your Account Settings page will open with more options. From the left-side navigation bar, select Privacy.

On your Privacy page, you will see options regarding your location.

Use the drop-down menu to select who can see your location information.

Save your privacy settings.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
3,292 Posts
Would it be possible to get back the Thanks for this useful post feature? I tried to thank someone when a really helpful informative post was made. The like button isn’t really the same.
For now, you will need to thank folks the old fashioned way. Just tell them. :)

- Cricket

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
30,899 Posts

Cheers
John

Mine is very easy to see where I live. Planet Macmikeman. Right now we are causing a bunch of anomalies in your electromagnetic field due to how close we are to your orbit. If we keep this chit up your poles are gonna switch places on you. Won't be my fault though, cause GM took over the manufacturing of our steering pumps and they stink.

141 - 160 of 178 Posts