Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Beam Me Up Scotty
Elechicken
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals,

So, most of you know I have my own company doing low voltage work and whatnot. Everyone I talk to doesn't have any electrical work (damn COVID...) so I am focusing more on building my company more while looking for work.

I'm trying to decide which slogan to go with. Once I choose a slogan I'm going to get a Logo made up.

I used a free slogan generator to come up with a number of them, here's an entire list of them. I selected a number of them, but I'd like some help picking a few out of them all.
-Blue Contracting, When 2nd Best Isn't Good Enough.
-Make Yourself At Home With Blue Contracting
-With A Name Like Blue Contracting, It Has To Be Good
-A Company That's Built On Dreams
-Blue Contracting, Does The Job
-Blue Contracting Puts The Rest To Shame
-Blue Contracting, Just What You Needed
-What Can Blue Contracting Do For You?
-Everything Is Simple With Blue Contracting
-Blue Contracting Takes It To The Next Level
-Blue Contracting... Whatever You Want
-You Can Be Sure Of Blue Contracting
-We Build. Blue Contracting.
-Saved By Blue Contracting!
-Blue Contracting, Quality You Can See.
-Blue Contracting Takes It To The Next Level
-Problem? The Solution: Blue Contracting
-Think Once, Think Twice, Think Blue Contracting
-Don't Get Mad, Get Blue Contracting
-Everything Is Simple With Blue Contracting
-Blue Contracting Satisfies The Need
-All You Need Is Blue Contracting And A Dream
-Blue Contracting, When No One Else Is Around (A variant of this one could be: Blue Contracting, when no one else is there)
-Blue Contracting, When You Need Results
-With Blue Contracting You'll Have No More Worries

Yes, it's a long list. I like the: Blue Contracting, Quality You Can See, but I'd like a few other ones too.

And input would be appreciated, as if I don't narrow it down, I'm going to have to many slogans. Once I have a few picked out, I'm going to use them to create a Logo for the company.

My company, I've been thinking of getting into doing renovations (like finishing basements... A home office special would be a hit, considering how many people will be working from home even after COVID calms down and normal life resumes) but I also like the idea of doing security camera systems... But honestly I really don't care what the work is, as long as I make a profit. I've got enough knowledge to do many different things, and with a corporation, it's quite easy to say yeah, lets get into doing that. I got a feeling I'll be doing a little bit of both. My latest venture has been TIG welding, so I may get into making art or something... Really, anything to pay the bills and get out of the house.

I look forward to your feedback guys.
~Kevin

·
Petulant Amateur
Poor electrician, excellent bull chitter.
24,549 Posts
Personally, I don’t think a slogan means anything. Aside from Nike, I can’t think of any slogans off the top of my head. Marketing gurus will probably tell you that a recognizable logo and consistent colours create more brand awareness.

·
Registered
Electrical Contractor
1,596 Posts
"If your electrics blew up, call Blue Contracting!"

"We cyan do it! Blue Contracting."

"Azure yourself of the best, Blue Contracting."

"A sapphire among quartz, Blue Contracting"

:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
Master Electrician - Ontario
3,224 Posts
Where does the "Blue" come from? To me it should be "Blue Something"... Blue Sky, Blue Water, Blue Balls, whatever...

Having said that, I agree that unless you are a multi-national that is doing a lot of advertising I am not sure of the value for electrical. Now as a constructor, it might be just as simple as Design / Build. Your slogan, if you select one, either needs to be specific enough for the market (security cameras - See Through Us). But if you are going to be all seeing and all doing (renovations - Quality Comes First) then you need more generic...

Cheers
John

·
Bilge Rat
motors and controls.........
7,155 Posts
Hack Bro's., if we don't burn it down, we'll blow it up!

Seriously though, I think something simple, like Blue Contracting, dependable and reliable would work as well as something catchy.

·
Gold Pliers Champion
2,638 Posts
You could be like Cher and just call it "Blue"

Or like Prince and just be - Blue.png

·
Hackenschmidt
10,698 Posts
What is the purpose of the slogan? I am assuming the Nike slogan that @99cents mentioned is "Just Do It" - no idea how those commercials made anyone choose Nike shoes.

Reactions: Navyguy

·
Beam Me Up Scotty
Elechicken
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where does the "Blue" come from? To me it should be "Blue Something"... Blue Sky, Blue Water, Blue Balls, whatever...

Having said that, I agree that unless you are a multi-national that is doing a lot of advertising I am not sure of the value for electrical. Now as a constructor, it might be just as simple as Design / Build. Your slogan, if you select one, either needs to be specific enough for the market (security cameras - See Through Us). But if you are going to be all seeing and all doing (renovations - Quality Comes First) then you need more generic...

Cheers
John
I'm not sure where I came up with Blue Contracting... this photo of me may have given me some inspiration.... what do you think? Haha

(P.S., yes I know my hair is 2 different colors, it's a Neverending battle of my hair growing out and needing to be dyed again...)

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Vision statements, mission statements, and company slogans are only important to those who do not do real work. Just another way to piss away money.
I need to put that on a tool box sticker or a shirt or something. 😆

·
Registered
214 Posts
Two friends retired and started a gameroom / basement remodeling company. They are both near 70.
Company Name: Geriatric Construction
Slogan: Lifetime Guarantee, our lifetime, maybe 20 years, maybe one day.

·
Petulant Amateur
Poor electrician, excellent bull chitter.
24,549 Posts

Cheers
John

·
Registered
Working With the Tools
681 Posts
AS RELIABLE AS A BLUE TICK HOUND ---> BLUE CONTRACTING!

(Then make your logo be a picture of a coon hound!)

:LOL:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Don't overthink it. You may not really need one. Looking back, I believe my biggest mistake in company name was leaving 'Electrical' out. Today I would go with something like...

Blue ELECTRICAL CONTRACTING Ltd.
Master Electrician
Licensed - Bonded - Insured

Customers with money want the real deal. They know they can afford to have it done right, and want the expert with all the legal protections.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts