Electrician Talk banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts
We also don't use the word basement here, but I wish I had one. Saw some pretty cool looking low windows in chicago almost at the street level. Was wondering how they waterproof them ?

Wrong. Geez you guys seem to live to argue. He is fine with our prices, I was telling a story for heavens sake. Everyone at ou company understands providing value commensurate with our prices. Trust me we are waaay higher than most here.
15 minutes in and out? We spend 15 minutes just speaking with the customer. We don't allow poetic license .:whistling2:

Speaking of regional lingo, here in Maryland i kept hearing of "heavy ups". Finally at the supply house i asked about it and they told me its a panel upgrade......O, so why not call it a panel upgrade! Maybe because its 4 syllables instead of 3.

Service guy came back today and said "I used to think we were expensive but not any more!"
It was a loose stab lock. Level one diagnostic including a minor repair. $171 in and out in 15 minutes.

Evidently the customer had another company out first, they opened the panel (condo unit) said you need a new panel - $1750 which may or may not get the lights back on. He said no, just get the lights working. They told him min $450 to diagnose the problem not including repair. WHAT??? The panel was totally fine too.

Wow is all I can say.
BTW dronai, it was the main branch of your cybersquatter.

sounds like your competition is able to upsell better Yrman

~CS~

Speaking of regional lingo, here in Maryland i kept hearing of "heavy ups". Finally at the supply house i asked about it and they told me its a panel upgrade......O, so why not call it a panel upgrade! Maybe because its 4 syllables instead of 3.
I have never heard that term "Heavy ups" until here on this site. I had no idea what it meant. Now I know it as another term for service upgrade, not panel change. A panel change is just that.....change the panel only.

Flyboy has the right idea you people just can't handle others success have fun talking to yourselves I'm oua here
Don't get your panties in a knot.. you might run a stop sign and bad things will happen.. :rolleyes::laughing:

Not really Peter. I use that exact term, other EC's use that term, the supply houses here use that term, PECO uses that term, and inspectors around me, use that term.....meter pan.
I was just thinking the same thing.. I never heard "meter can" till I came here..

"these people talk funny" was my first thought.. :laughing:

21 - 40 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.