Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
GOV/MIL contracting
62,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever leave one to sit for a while unused and have it decompose?

That's what happened to the one in the bottom drawer of my garage roller cabinet.

It was a Snap- on 32 oz ball pein
Rectangle Textile Font Red Material property

Rectangle Textile Font Red Material property

·
Registered
Ready Mix concrete plant electrician
3,464 Posts
Had a Mac brand 12lb dead blow sledgehammer that the handle went hard as a mother-in-law’s heart and disintegrated. Had the head on a a Stanley 2lb deadblow (Mac=Stanley) grenade an send sharp shards that cut me in several places.
So yeah it’s a common occurrence from the urethane of the 90’s.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Never seen that bad. We've had a few of them crack and break up after several years of use and abuse. I'm sure using brake cleaner to get the grease off after completing a repair is a contributing factor.

Reminds me of the phrase "If you can't fix it with a hammer it's an electrical problem". Apparently all you work on is electrical problems. :D

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
GOV/MIL contracting
62,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just passed a Snap-On truck. Should I have stopped him for a warrantee replacement? :rolleyes:
Pretty much how I got it. At the time I bought it the price was very high but I needed it the and there and there was a Snap-on guy at a car dealer across from the jub.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Usually when working with pyrotenax.
I had to look that up. MI cable? Never heard of it before.

Is that the stuff that’s rated to be in a fire for 4hrs? The stuff that Southeast power has posted a few pictures of where it wrapped with gold and diamonds & tar paper?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts