Electrician Talk banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
I have also run into that . They say its the ceiling guys work .

Pete
Exactly. On a construction job, it's the ceiling contractor's responsibility to cut their tiles. Also to make alterations to their grid supports (black iron, pencil rod, etc.) whenever and wherever there are conflicts with other trades installing their work.

·
Electrical Contractor
9,327 Posts
Not trying to be a jerk here, but, I wouldn't feel like a real construction worker if I said something like that. Even if it's something you are not comfortable doing, it wouldn't hurt you to learn.

The best electricians ( and plumbers and hvac guys), are half-decent carpenters.
I've done some drywall work of my own but would never inflict someone else with it. Do you plumb?

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
I used to do patching routinely but found that 10% of the time customers complained about the rough patch. They were happy with the electrical work but not the rough patch, so I stopped doing patching.
I would think if we gave a warning that we are professional electricians and not professional sheetrock patchers and they might not be satisfied with our patch work the customer would gladly hire a professional sheetrocker.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts