Electrician Talk banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Senior Moment
1,131 Posts
I'm still thinking about how the box sits flush to the subfloor and what the finish floor is to set the cover. Maybe they are for welders 50 amp receptacles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I guess there special order and get glued to the pipe.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
Elechicken!
3,535 Posts
Sooo just went back and talked to the concrete guys. There was sweeping 90s. And apparently there was a union master electrician working concrete today with them and told them how he would lay it out.

I've heard that before. "Yeah yeah we used long 90°s"... we ended up digging a new trench... at least it wasn't concrete...

PICTURES. If they don't have pictures I wouldn't want my name on it. If they do have pictures, it's gonna be of the whole run, and all the runs, not just one 90° on one of the many runs...

·
Registered
Residential remodeling
112 Posts
Sooo just went back and talked to the concrete guys. There was sweeping 90s. And apparently there was a union master electrician working concrete today with them and told them how he would lay it out.

4" pipe/conduit explains why the concrete guy is not working as a master electrician.

·
Registered
Electrical contractor 37 years. Electrical inspector 2 years
1,081 Posts
Maybe I am not following the details of the installation but I was just thinking, could the intention be to use the 4" as a chase or sleeve? I do not know what floor boxes he used but could they have planned to use the 4" and pull in both DATA cables and MC cable? If the floor box allows they could split it for LV on one side and 120 volts on the other side.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Maybe I am not following the details of the installation but I was just thinking, could the intention be to use the 4" as a chase or sleeve? I do not know what floor boxes he used but could they have planned to use the 4" and pull in both DATA cables and MC cable? If the floor box allows they could split it for LV on one side and 120 volts on the other side.
Still in the same pipe though. Granted the data could be shielded, but still.

·
Registered
Electrical contractor 37 years. Electrical inspector 2 years
1,081 Posts
Still in the same pipe though. Granted the data could be shielded, but still.
Is it a pipe or is it a chase or sleeve. ???? Steel MC cable should shield the DATA cables. I believe the NEC has a spacing requirement for power and data cables though.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I've heard that before. "Yeah yeah we used long 90°s"... we ended up digging a new trench... at least it wasn't concrete...

PICTURES. If they don't have pictures I wouldn't want my name on it. If they do have pictures, it's gonna be of the whole run, and all the runs, not just one 90° on one of the many runs...
I have never seen "manufactured" sweeping 90s for 4" drain pipe. Perhaps the Master electrician bent his own? :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
Elechicken!
3,535 Posts
I have never seen "manufactured" sweeping 90s for 4" drain pipe. Perhaps the Master electrician bent his own? :rolleyes:
Here ya go. They exist...

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I was thinking of a 24" radius not a plumbing sweep. I guess you could use a blow line or vacuum to get your electrical to where you wanted it but it's not something that a master electrician would do. Getting from point A to point B would be about the same as pulling through Walker Duct but I think the main issue is the floor boxes.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I was thinking of a 24" radius not a plumbing sweep. I guess you could use a blow line or vacuum to get your electrical to where you wanted it but it's not something that a master electrician would do. Getting from point A to point B would be about the same as pulling through Walker Duct but I think the main issue is the floor boxes.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts