Electrician Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hei am looking to apply to my local unioun #25) but after reading some forums i am very confused about what kind of work i am getting in to. i have completed trade school and advanced training in electrical all along having a certin idea in my mind what being in an apprentiship would be like. i imagined it would be classes at night, and training during the day for 4 or 5 years with a steady pay. but now im thinking it is something completly different. it seems to be more like i woill join the apprensiship to work for a little bit, then get laid off beause work has dried up then hopefully find work again, and repeat the cycle. i have 2 kids and i am young and i need a steady paycheck. is this not the feild for that? i also have read that the hours you work is very inconsistant, witch would make helping raise my kids very difficult. please respond with what your personal experiances have been and if there as i have read about thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.