Electrician Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in making a career change and becoming an electrician seems to appeal to me.

-The possiblity of learning a craft; being mentored and on the job training and learning seem very exciting
-A skills shortage that the government seems to be endlessly talking about (does this point to a possible stable career and life?)
-the change in enviornment (I have always worked inside in an office, and a change might be good)

I would like to know the following:

-How difficult is it for one to acquire the new skills to move forward in your apprenticeship and actually earn your certification? Do employers like to provide the opportunities for individuals to learn more and move ahead?
-How physically demanding is the work? I love sports and was wondering if the work will make me so tired that it would impact my leisure pursuits

-What are some good specialties as an electrician to work towards in the Ottawa - Gatineau region?

Thanks for any advice you can give!!

·
R.I.P. 2014
4,722 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There are numerous threads on here about getting into the trade. Try the search feature to find the threads, grab a cup of coffee and sit back and read. Hope you have time.

·
Town Drunk
3,725 Posts
Welcome! :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts