38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't seen one of those in years.

Do you use it a lot?
I used it a lot back in 05-06. When the s*** hit the fan I went in to rewinding. About 2 years ago I got back in to electrical. I would say on average I check 2 or 3 ~3,000 sq. ft. houses a week. Just as the inspector does, all recepts once for cont. then again for afci. For the past month I would have to bend it a certain way to work. Was a real pain in the butt.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I deal with Lawson all the time. They don't actually make anything on there own. Its all rebranded, repackaged products from overseas manufacturers. They aren't bad but they are just good low to mid end tools. However the hardware, pipe fittings, electrical connectors and other similar products aren't of bad quality.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
For the past month I would have to bend it a certain way to work. Was a real pain in the butt.
I would take the money you would spend on the flashlight and put it towards a meter.

But, if your dead set on using that, Id imagine you could probably buy new leads. (If that's what wrong with it)

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I think I'd buy the first one, I only noticed on the second one that it had clips,

The first one has grip covers!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would take the money you would spend on the flashlight and put it towards a meter.

But, if your dead set on using that, Id imagine you could probably buy new leads. (If that's what wrong with it)
I've got meters. This is just a lot better, imo, than anything else. Sometimes with the light I will get a faint or dim reading. This has led to me finding a fixture or device not grounded properly, or at all really. Also, I think the sound of a meter would drive me bat s*** crazy eventually.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts