Electrician Talk banner

Control System operated by iOS / iphone

876 Views 6 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Abenr
Hey Guys!!! Do any of you know about a simple control system that SIMPLY provides auxiliary dry contacts (C, NO, NC) for operation by an iphone app?

INTENT: I want to be able to control whatever (lights, garage door opener, refrigerator ON/OFF, whatever....) from an iphone. I don't need/want all the fancy bells & whistles of dimming, changing color of lights, yada yada.....I just want a simple ON and OFF latching (or momentary) contacts.

Anyone know a manufacturer of such a simple "bare bones" controller/app for this?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
36,898 Posts
Hey Guys!!! Do any of you know about a simple control system that SIMPLY provides auxiliary dry contacts (C, NO, NC) for operation by an iphone app?

INTENT: I want to be able to control whatever (lights, garage door opener, refrigerator ON/OFF, whatever....) from an iphone. I don't need/want all the fancy bells & whistles of dimming, changing color of lights, yada yada.....I just want a simple ON and OFF latching (or momentary) contacts.

Anyone know a manufacturer of such a simple "bare bones" controller/app for this?
I don't know, but I would call ADI and ask them.

· Registered
127 Posts
That’s cool, but how/where do you wire a momentary switch. You have to be able to override the manual switch or the smart phone bit. Maybe I missed something on the board, but I only saw a set of contacts to do the switching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.