Electrician Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
currently we have only 8 circuits in the house, but I am thinking for future need -- AC installation and outdoor lightings, I think I will stay with 20/40 box even aluminum bus is fine. The existing wirings are copper and no aluminum wire.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just had a client that was an audiophile and would only accept a panel with a copper bus. I learned from that experience that Siemens old stock is tin plated copper busses, newer busses are aluminum. The copper busses are supposed to be labeled FEC somewhere in the part number, although that may have been only for semi flush all in ones

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
I just had a client that was an audiophile and would only accept a panel with a copper bus. I learned from that experience that Siemens old stock is tin plated copper busses, newer busses are aluminum. The copper busses are supposed to be labeled FEC somewhere in the part number, although that may have been only for semi flush all in ones

Siemens copper panels have a P in the part number

like this one

http://www.amazon.com/Siemens-Circuit-Breaker-Indoor-Center/dp/B005GLDCR6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1393908626&sr=8-2&keywords=siemens+copper+buss

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.