Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
These are the ones who help me get the job done. I remember not long ago when Milwaukee had only 4 cordless tool options. How have times changed!
I'm always looking for an excuse to buy more, except money just doesn't grow on trees! Anybody else have any pics?
Good stuff, I hope you put them back in your truck..:laughing::thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That my friend is my new dental insurance!
It actually is an oscillating tool. I had to buy it to enlarge some puck holes that were cut in a built in.
I now use it for opening grout/tile when mounting under cabinets.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm still finding an excuse to purchase an oscillating tool, for possibly cutting in boxes in stucco?

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
Buying one of those rotary tools on Amazon right now!

Just had to install a receptacle in a tiled bathroom for a fancy plug in electric toilet. It was a major pain in the arse.. could have used that rotary tool with a tile cutting tip.
I'm still finding an excuse to purchase an oscillating tool, for possibly cutting in boxes in stucco?
I have the oscillating multitool and use it all the time.. it's one of my favourites.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Buying one of those rotary tools on Amazon right now!

Just had to install a receptacle in a tiled bathroom for a fancy plug in electric toilet. It was a major pain in the arse.. could have used that rotary tool with a tile cutting tip.

I have the oscillating multitool and use it all the time.. it's one of my favourites.
Yes!, and it works sweet. The tip I use is a grout remover bit. Its not a wheel but a shank a ma bit. Also works well for cutting out plastic too.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
zac said:
These are the ones who help me get the job done. I remember not long ago when Milwaukee had only 4 cordless tool options. How have times changed! I'm always looking for an excuse to buy more, except money just doesn't grow on trees! Anybody else have any pics?
Nice set on ya!!!
I'm in the market for a new set. I have been using dewault 18volt xrp for years.
Any recommendations as to replacements.
I had Milwaukee years ago , really disappointed with their durability.
Have they gotten a lot better since then?

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
I switched everything to Milwaukee M12 and that's all I use.. I love it.

The product line is extensive! And the fuel tools have some serious power.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice set on ya!!!
I'm in the market for a new set. I have been using dewault 18volt xrp for years.
Any recommendations as to replacements.
I had Milwaukee years ago , really disappointed with their durability.
Have they gotten a lot better since then?[/QUOT

Milwaukee for me has been good (except the hacksaw and right angle drill).
With that being said the above mentioned are still worth their weight, just not designed properly.

The funny thing is when I purchased my first Milwaukee (cordless) over ten years ago, it was because my grandpa had all the corded stuff and I think my grandpa is the bomb!
At that time cordless tools that had the most options where: A) Dewalt And B) Makita

As for giving them (Milwaukee Cordless) a recommendation: Yes.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Very happy with both my M12 and my M18 stuff. Came to it late, so almost all of it is Fuel, and the power is definitely serious. You hear a few complaints on here, but they could be from folks that wail on their tools, for all you know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I once had a collection that would rival yours.

i have sold off almost all of my cordless and corded tools in favor of the new milwaukee fuel line up. the only corded tool i have left is a 850 rpm drill.

i have the following m18 tools
fuel hammerdrill
fuel impact 1/4
fuel impact 1/2
fuel sawzall
m18 hackzall
m18 right angle drill

m12 hackzall
m12 hammerdrill
m12 impact
m12 right angle
m12 driver

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Most recent pic I could find, from last fall I think. All M18/fuel and M12/fuel however new tools have since joined the truck. I'll get an updated pic when work slows down

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have used dewalt for years but as a bonus my boss gave me a m 18 set last week it has a drill impact saw all cir saw grinder I like them enough that tis week I bought a sds drill and a portaban

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Most recent pic I could find, from last fall I think. All M18/fuel and M12/fuel however new tools have since joined the truck. I'll get an updated pic when work slows down

Thanks,
I like the set up. I made a disastrous mistake of throwing away the containers the cordless items came in.

·
Estwing magic
26,754 Posts
Had some problems with Milwaukee but they bent over backwards to make me happy. The warranty replacements they sent me have worked fine.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Thanks,
I like the set up. I made a disastrous mistake of throwing away the containers the cordless items came in.
I know what you mean. Everyone thinks having the cases for these things is too much to have around. Well, if it is soft sided bags I get it. I don't care for them as tool storage but I think the tools take more of a beating when they don't get stored properly.

I have wondered more than once if a customised medium Bosch L-Boxx would work great for storing multiple tools from one range. I think given the size of the L-Boxx you could fit three or four M12 tools such as the drill, impact, rotary, and possibly the oscillating tool, along with a couple of batteries. Maybe? I don't know. I just wish Bosch would offer the L series boxes here in the States in multiple RAL colours like the parent manufacturer Sortimo does. I don't know if Bosch is the sole distributor of Sortimo in the U.S. or not but a search brings up some nice colours that match the various tool companies pretty well.

Here's a pic of the various colours. And you can mix and match the handles and latches as well. The company logos are customised. My understanding is you can buy the cases(mixed and matched) with no logos on them. At least in Europe.:whistling2:

Uh, I forgot Knapheide is a U.S. distributor for this brand but I cannot remember if they only do the van rack systems or the boxes as well. And it may well have been Tanos' Systainers that are customer selectable as to body, latch, and handle colours. The Sortimo may only be custom ordered with logo and all that. I could not find a configurator on Sortimo's site but did on Tanos. Sorry for the misspeak in the post.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I know what you mean. Everyone thinks having the cases for these things is too much to have around. Well, if it is soft sided bags I get it. I don't care for them as tool storage but I think the tools take more of a beating when they don't get stored properly.

I have wondered more than once if a customised medium Bosch L-Boxx would work great for storing multiple tools from one range. I think given the size of the L-Boxx you could fit three or four M12 tools such as the drill, impact, rotary, and possibly the oscillating tool, along with a couple of batteries. Maybe? I don't know. I just wish Bosch would offer the L series boxes here in the States in multiple RAL colours like the parent manufacturer Sortimo does. I don't know if Bosch is the sole distributor of Sortimo in the U.S. or not but a search brings up some nice colours that match the various tool companies pretty well.

Here's a pic of the various colours. And you can mix and match the handles and latches as well. The company logos are customised. My understanding is you can buy the cases(mixed and matched) with no logos on them. At least in Europe.:whistling2:

Uh, I forgot Knapheide is a U.S. distributor for this brand but I cannot remember if they only do the van rack systems or the boxes as well. And it may well have been Tanos' Systainers that are customer selectable as to body, latch, and handle colours. The Sortimo may only be custom ordered with logo and all that. I could not find a configurator on Sortimo's site but did on Tanos. Sorry for the misspeak in the post.
Thanks a lot. That is a worthy idea to look into.
And by the way this is not just for Milwaukee cordless peeps, some of y'all need to represent!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts