Electrician Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Customer needs a large automated saw connected. 460V 3ph. Phase to Phase voltages are averaging 524V. This out of the tolerence per manfacture of the machine so I'm needing to install a transforemer to correct the voltage. Also the manufacturer recommends this be a WYE connectrion on the secondary due to all the VFDs in the machine throwing faults for the incoming power. I cant wrap my head around the bonding and grounding of this transformer for some reason. I looked at an existing transformer for general purpose lighting and oulets. On the primary side the there is a "grounding" conductor it goes to the case of the xfmer and then feeds throught to the panel on the secondary side. XO has the neutral conductor and a grounding electrode conductor only that goes to a ground rod beside the xfmer.

Thank you in advance.

Electrical wiring Electricity Wood Circuit component Electrical supply

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On the primary side, what is the voltage to ground on each phase? If one is zero and the other two are 480 or 525 then yes it is a corner grounded system. If all are zero to gnd, then probably a floating delta. primary.
[/QU

Corner Grounded. A to Earth = 524. B to Earth = 0, C to Earth = 524

1 - 7 of 7 Posts