Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now we all get to purchase a 14' code book. I just about crapped my pants when I asked how much at my local supply house in Southern Mn. He says, $120! Serious?????? I will hold out and shop around. I have till August in my neck of the woods till it becomes effective.:censored:

Bruce

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts

·
IBEW Local#269
339 Posts
Amp: I wont even talk about the union. Are you saying there are actually benefits to the union? Your dues pays for my beer!:thumbup:
If my dues pay for your beer, then you don't drink enough to get a decent buzz.
It's obvious that you've never worked union for any decent amount of time, because if you had, then you wouldn't be asking me if there are any actual benefits for doing so.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
So now we all get to purchase a 14' code book. I just about crapped my pants when I asked how much at my local supply house in Southern Mn. He says, $120! Serious?????? I will hold out and shop around. I have till August in my neck of the woods till it becomes effective.:censored:

Bruce
All that I can say is that I am glad that my dad's heart doctor did not wait until he could get the medical book cheaper. Give us a break. $120.00 is "piddley".

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If my dues pay for your beer, then you don't drink enough to get a decent buzz.
It's obvious that you've never worked union for any decent amount of time, because if you had, then you wouldn't be asking me if there are any actual benefits for doing so.
Not true. "USED" to work union. Was not impressed. Most union laborers have attitudes. Seem like they are better then the rest of us non-union folks. If you cant agree with that, your for of bull****!

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
ampman66 said:
If my dues pay for your beer, then you don't drink enough to get a decent buzz. It's obvious that you've never worked union for any decent amount of time, because if you had, then you wouldn't be asking me if there are any actual benefits for doing so.
You're a riot.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Not true. "USED" to work union. Was not impressed. Most union laborers have attitudes. Seem like they are better then the rest of us non-union folks. If you cant agree with that, your for of bull****!
Didn't you consider the fact that while you worked union that you WERE union and that you may have been part of your own problem? And could it have been possible that when you used the term "NOT IMPRESSED", that it could have been their impression of you?

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I wouldn't pay $120 for a new code book. You see, I live in Indiana. Everybody that spent any money at all on the 2011 NEC wasted their money. Literally, there was NO REASON to buy it. Why? You might ask. Because Indiana never adopted the 2011 NEC. Rumor has it they will skip it all together and eventually adopt the 2014. So, how many 2011 code books were sold to electricians in Indiana in the past 3-4 years that were never even necessary? I feel stupid for even owning one. What is it good for at this point?

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
35,311 Posts
When I took a you know what this morning , I spent the time reading all the highlighted changes to the 2014 NEC in this months free copy of ECM . Too bad we are still on the 08, that is at least 3 or 4 yrs away and I will have forgotten not only what I read, but even that I did read it someplace or another...........:whistling2:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.