Electrician Talk banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
industrial E,I&C
3,055 Posts
Reminds me of the days when i replaced my roof after the hurricane. I had contractors sitting outside the house waiting for the building inspector and the cops called twice.
Great thing is it sped the job up as i could get the inspector to sign off on the decking as he was already there. Also got 2 job offers.

What really upset me was the fact i was replacing my roof because i couldn't get a contractor for 3-6 months yet i had bunch of them sitting in my yard doing jack while waiting on the inspector to turn up for the 3rd time.
"you see how he done that. Only a professional roofing contractor would know how to do that hes defiantly not the homeowner"
"only a roofing contractor can buy that type of sealer".

Honestly i wish local sparky's would send out a mailer with stickers, a basic service price and pointers on how to spot truck slammers especially as i live in the middle of no where so i have no idea who is local and willing to service my area.

·
Premium Member
18,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
We are constantly contacted by generator distributors to install what they have sold to customers. I don’t know how they legally close the deal when they sell the install.

·
Registered
electrician
2 Posts
I have a different view. These types of shoemakers screen out the cheapo customers I don't want. I get the customers who are looking for quality work at a fair price. The cheapskate timewasters get crappy work from incompetent people and then when they just need the damn thing to work they call me and pay me to fix it...for a premium.
Why waste your time doing non-billable work hunting these guys down when they are actually doing your screening for you, for free.

·
Registered
Electrician
82 Posts
I just had an incredible sense of satisfaction going on craigslist and flagging the unlicensed "electricians" advertisements. I just wish there was an option for me to type why I flagged them, want to justify my action and not just look like a hater.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts