Electrician Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some interesting things I found on Friday’s Job. What ridiculous things have you guys seen? The black wire with my thumb in the photo is what it looked like where they hammered the staple too tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Senile Member
30,687 Posts
Another day of residential renovation work....

It gets worse in commercial buildings. And the music plays louder.

·
Senile Member
30,687 Posts
The utility linemen are really rocking.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The utility linemen are really rocking.
And the ones working on cross country lines from a helicopter have a nice rhythm section built into the job.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Here are some interesting things I found on Friday’s Job. What ridiculous things have you guys seen? The black wire with my thumb in the photo is what it looked like where they hammered the staple too tight.

@Rainwater01, you have to check out the "Gems of the Trade" thread. Over 500 pages of this kind of stuff...Gems of the Trade

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I wish I could say I was shocked... but just another day here. What frustrates me more is an abundance of smaller issues then one big stupid one like that.

I was on a job recently where the new owner dropped the ceiling in the basement and there were tones of JBs (new ones) all over the place and one wire going down to each device, wires run on the bottom of the joists, not insulation around the heat ducts, etc.

That is the ones that I cringe about.

Cheers
John

·
Registered
14,472 Posts
I wish I could say I was shocked... but just another day here. What frustrates me more is an abundance of smaller issues then one big stupid one like that.

I was on a job recently where the new owner dropped the ceiling in the basement and there were tones of JBs (new ones) all over the place and one wire going down to each device, wires run on the bottom of the joists, not insulation around the heat ducts, etc.

Cheers
John
Stop your cringing. At least you're not the Fire Insurance Underwriter. :vs_OMG:

He really has something to cry about. :crying:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Cheers
John

This had all that too and the receptacles went down block walls in emt conduit then stubbed out of the conduit with no connector or outer jacket into a 3/4” deep single gang box because the wood paneling was only furred out 3/4” from the block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts