Electrician Talk banner

creative field supervision methods ?

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Bootss 
#1 ·
I will have limited mobility for a few years in the future now, hopefully things will improve in a couple years. I don't have employees I sub out some of the work to some Electrical friends after I've sold the larger job. my main concern is the initial contact or service calls, estimates how I will cover them., I'm thinking about hiring a salesman or something. any creative ideas on how to handle the initial service call ,estimate?

Discussion starter · #4 ·
What about selling work for someone else? I bet other ec's would love to have someone out selling the jobs.
Its easy to find guys who can execute, but bringing in the jobs is a whole different beast. Also to go behind doing QC on the work.
Just a thought.
Sorry to hear about this. :(
no I need ideas for people to be in the sales field for me.
I'm thinking about using temps but they have too much hourly requirement, or minimum. I can pay a guy for a couple hours to go out look at a job but not four hours.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
You have guys to do the work? Any chance one of them could take on more responsibility?
I'm more interested in the initial sales , inspection call.
the guys are user kind of tards when it comes to that aspect of work, hey come on glued if they don't get paid on a estimate they don't understand that I can make it up to him on the next job. I need to find some smoothies that can sell the job.

Discussion starter · #10 ·
even if you offer those guys a 50/50 split, they want to get paid 100 percent of the whole job. a lot of guys know how to do the work but they don't know how to sell or generate work. what kind of problems do you run into when you're trying to hire people?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.