Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Industrial Electrician
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I came to a job site to assist on a job that was falling behind, so this is not my work just wanted to see if anyone else has a problem with this panel. Forman on site likes it 🤦‍♂️!

Attachments

·
Electrical Contractor
Trying to retire or at least slow down a bit, but life not cooperating
4,765 Posts
See a lot of reds and blues, but not many blacks. Looks like a balanced load will be hard to obtain.
Can't figure out why there are some double lugged circuits? I see that those appear to be taped together and the same colour. Could they have split the circuit into 2 different runs and use the panel as a jb?
Neatness can a lot better

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Is there a reason the main is phased BK, RD, BL?

Tim

·
Electrical Contractor
4,765 Posts
Reactions: canbug

·
Premium Member
residential, commercial, and industrial
234 Posts
There are breakers rated for two conductors of the same size. Not sure about this panel
On the left hand side there is a blue jumper from one breaker to another, that is not good.
I thought it was a jumper too, then i zoomed In, its not jumpered, one goes up and the other goes down. I thought the same thing at first too

·
Premium Member
residential, commercial, and industrial
234 Posts
neatness could be better. I'm seeing alot 9f red and blues, and only 2 or 3 blacks... how will this be balanced? And why are some taped together??

·
Registered
Scada Supervisor
2,875 Posts
My only pet peeve is it starts out as circuits blk,red,blue on breakers on right, nice.
Then all hit the fan with land it where ever. On a new build make it clean the first time for at least a day.

Cowboy

·
Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
13,680 Posts
So is everyone ok with the exposed copper on the main breaker?
Sure, keep booger pickers off it and put the cover back on.

Neatness as other pointed out is important.

·
Registered
Performing mostly commercial and underground raceway installations
143 Posts
Looks good. Just make sure neutral and ground are isolated. It’s the silent shocker

·
Electrical Contractor
4,765 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Why didn't they flip the panel interior & the main breaker (for proper ON/OFF orientation) for top feed? Never have liked excessive feeder conductor in a panel, the rest of it looks a mess.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts