Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
I am 100 % retired now. Enjoying life :)
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found so many products on the internet that claim to be PDU’s for mining operations. Mining Bit coins is a hot market and products that I see are not UL approved and often times do not have overcurrent protection.

Some are basically a NEMA 14-30 with a 5s j-box and a bunch of IEC C13 pigtails spliced in to go out to computers. No overcurrent protection for the smaller cables.

I have also seen plenty of setups with load centers and a bunch of pigtails coming out to feed crypto rigs.

Are any of these even legal? What are your thoughts on this? How are people getting away with selling such junk?
Product Audio equipment Font Adapter Cable

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Where are you finding those, Amazon? The ONLY thing Amazon cares about is $$$. They have no concern whatsoever if something is dangerous or not. Only if it could cost them money would they refuse to sell something.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Big nosed attic troll
10,371 Posts
Where are you finding those, Amazon? The ONLY thing Amazon cares about is $$$. They have no concern whatsoever if something is dangerous or not. Only if it could cost them money would they refuse to sell something.

so true

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Actually I saw this one on E-Bay but yes Amazon is the devils spawn when it comes to monetizing everything.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How much for that rig I can make them in my free time
I think this one was $229 us dollars and comes from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I don't see a company name just a user id so it could just be someone working out of their garage. I love how they jam 2 cords into one Canadian cord grip.

·
Big nosed attic troll
10,371 Posts
gotta say it with southern draw and distain.... Pud'...

·
Registered
Residential, lite comm., Industrial
1,167 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Honestly if you have the money for a Tesla or other expensive mining gear you might be able to make some real money but who knows. Seems to technically challenging for me.
I do like the Bobcat Miner 300 for Helium LongFi because you basically only have to plug it in and your up and running. Some people in rural areas say they can net $100 a month and if you consider the initial investment of about $800 it seems like a good investment. My Son and a few of his friends have Bobcats and he says they are getting about $50 a month so far. That's probably enough to pay for a weeks worth of gas and a couple of donuts.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts