Electrician Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot over!

Of course, the cashed my renewal check and sent me a letter with a check in the box saying: "submitted name change can not be used because of the word systems" My company name is "MPH Systems" and of course they take long enough to return it to me that I am now am delinquent and obviously they want another $180 ****ing dollars.

[/rant]

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
:blink:..is this because you didn't do a business name search before you changed your name??? confused....

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:blink:..is this because you didn't do a business name search before you changed your name??? confused....
No, I did the search and notification in 3 periodicals when I did my DBA. perhaps there is a statute prohibiting the word systems in the licence holders name.... there was a page of reasons for the renewal to be kicked. That was the reason checked.

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
There is a guy on contractor talk who works for the cslb that helps people out when they are having problems.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd ask......... if I knew who to contact.
Thanks because I have looked all over the website and can't find anything. It was not so many years ago that I studied and passed the test and I don't remember anything, yet there is a check-box for using the word "systems" in the rejection form.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,117 Posts
Thanks because I have looked all over the website and can't find anything. It was not so many years ago that I studied and passed the test and I don't remember anything, yet there is a check-box for using the word "systems" in the rejection form.

My bad. I thought 'word systems' was some sort of vetting process.

They don't allow you to use the word 'systems'. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
five.five-six said:
LMMFAO, for what?
They have a politics and religion section once you reach a certain number of posts. It's moderated by of the most hypocritical douches you'll ever meet.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Against my better judgment I called CSLB last Tuesday. After an exhausting navigation of the state's voice mail system I was speaking to a live person. I explained my problem and she seemed confused. she put me on hold for several minutes before the line went dead. I called back and the new lady I spoke with said that my license was in place with the name that I had requested and that my $180 was being sent back. No explanation of how this happened or how they fixed it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts