Electrician Talk banner

Curved LB's

6K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  360max 
#1 ·
Hey. Does anyone make a curved LB in sizes 1.5" and greater?? If not, I think they should. I'm getting tired of cramming wires through the LB's then banging them in to make them work with cover on. If someone invented ones with curved covers then we wouldn't have to shove, kick, bang, hammer, the wires in.

#6 ·
Few choices... Try using form 8 conduit bodies. They're the most generous inside without using mogul LB's. Try a form 5 conduit body sometime. They have built-in rollers to make the pulling and stuffing job easier.

#9 ·
Cletis,

Is this what you're looking for? It's an E-Z lb

http://www.smartlb.com/pdf/EZLB_Smart_Pathways_BROCHURE2.pdf
All-Phase/CED
Holland, MI
Tom Halpin
1-616-931-9931
thalpin@all-phaseholland.com

Rasko Supply
Honolulu, Hi
Lyle Lee
1-808-836-8002
lylee@raskosupply.com

ON-CPS
Englewood, CO
Joe Sylvia
1-800-878-2771
info@oncps.com
www.oncps.com
FS3 Inc.
Annandale, MN
Marty Ferguson
1-320-274-7223
marty@FS3inc.biz
www.fs3inc.biz
Cable Services Company Inc.
Williamsport, PA
Jeff Potter
1-800-326-9444
jeffreyp@cable-services.com
www.cable-services.com
All-Phase/CED
Holland, MI
Tom Halpin
1-616-931-9931
thalpin@all-phaseholland.com

Rasko Supply
Honolulu, Hi
Lyle Lee
1-808-836-8002
lylee@raskosupply.com

ON-CPS
Englewood, CO
Joe Sylvia
1-800-878-2771
info@oncps.com
www.oncps.com
FS3 Inc.
Annandale, MN
Marty Ferguson
1-320-274-7223
marty@FS3inc.biz
www.fs3inc.biz
Cable Services Company Inc.
Williamsport, PA
Jeff Potter
1-800-326-9444
jeffreyp@cable-services.com
www.cable-services.com

#10 ·
No, I would just think someone would make those in larger sizes than 1.5" with either extensions or curved covers so you wouldn't have to bang them in. The extension or curve would not get in way of anything in any situation I could see. I think this would help with damaged wires entering the LB hole (knicking, skinning, bend radius etc..)

#11 ·
Cletis said:
No, I would just think someone would make those in larger sizes than 1.5" with either extensions or curved covers so you wouldn't have to bang them in. The extension or curve would not get in way of anything in any situation I could see. I think this would help with damaged wires entering the LB hole (knicking, skinning, bend radius etc..)
Like this. Easy to manufacture

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.