Electrician Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I emailed Big Ass Fans ( Yes this is a real company name.) to get some technical info on a fan that I was repairing. In ten minutes I had the info that I requested and a phone call from the Tech support dude. Five minutes later a lady from customer service called to check on everything. Both were really nice, friendly and helpful.

·
Registered
809 Posts
varmit said:
Today I emailed Big Ass Fans ( Yes this is a real company name.) to get some technical info on a fan that I was repairing. In ten minutes I had the info that I requested and a phone call from the Tech support dude. Five minutes later a lady from customer service called to check on everything. Both were really nice, friendly and helpful.
I work with a guy that travels all over installing those things. I guess they trained them and now send them to hang them. Must be good money in it

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
It's refreshing to come across good customer service anymore. Recently I had an email correspondence with a company regarding a product I had purchased. I was a huge .... because I thought the product was junk and working incorrectly. The guy stayed friendly and helpful all the way through even after it was determined I purchased the wrong part and was using it incorrectly. Needless to say my last email was me apologizing for being a .... and thanking them for their help

·
Registered
64 Posts
I needed a photo metric layout for a client that I am trying to close on a few 150 Led pole lights.I called RAB and spoke to a lady in tech support and explained what I required.
She emailed me cut sheets and a detailed photo metric layout based on my measurements within 15 minutes.
RAB will get this $3000.00 order for 15 minutes of great customer service.

·
I like ceiling fans & EMT
Former commercial, occasional (small) residential
1,642 Posts
They're one of the few fans of any type still made in America.

However HVLS fans are still a relatively new technology and I see over a 50% failure rate within the first couple years. I still prefer conventional commercial ceiling fans-- which if you get QUALITY ones, are more cost and energy efficient. I ONLY buy the Gold and Platinum lines by Northwest Envirofan.

My father in law wants a BAF "Haiku". Have no experience with those yet. It's one of their more residentially models.

·
Registered
32,968 Posts
Business should treat all customers like they are the most important person that dealt with that day or for that matter for ever.

My son-in-law went to Neiman Marcus last week to buy a new suit, he is graduating Law School (went back for a specialty) and wants a new suit for very important interviews, he showed the sale person the type of suit he wanted and the sales person responded "I think that may be a bit out of your price range."

Now my S-I-L is a very sharp dresser and was not dressed down (never is unlike me). My S-I-l says fine and walked out with the sales person trying to talk him into a cheaper suit.

My S-I-L went to another upscale store and got the exact suit her wanted.

Never prejudge your customers.

·
Premium Member
20,108 Posts
I needed a photo metric layout for a client that I am trying to close on a few 150 Led pole lights.I called RAB and spoke to a lady in tech support and explained what I required.
She emailed me cut sheets and a detailed photo metric layout based on my measurements within 15 minutes.
RAB will get this $3000.00 order for 15 minutes of great customer service.
I think you might have missed a zero or two.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.