Electrician Talk banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Sent the revised proposal. More hageling. Then can you swap a security/motion light outside I just bought one from Costco. Can you do this at no cost if you Finnish early. Also I have a tv in my bedroom I bought a mount. How much to install? Oh yeah for the projector I also want to make sure you didn't forget about the coax? (Me) our discussion never talked about a coax you told me you were going to stream Apple TV. Wants coax at no additional cost.

So I finally told him TV mount in bedroom I'll give you a cost when I look at it.
Security light swap at no cost if I finish early.
Coax you need to pay for this.

Hagel video was great it made me laugh.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
So I finally told him TV mount in bedroom I'll give you a cost when I look at it.
Security light swap at no cost if I finish early.
Coax you need to pay for this.

Hagel video was great it made me laugh.
Give them a price on that LoVo stuff, and if they don't like the price, hand them a business card from magnolia audio.

You keep playing this game and you are going to end up taking it in the shorts. You are going to come back on trim and the TV location is going to be recessed, for which you will need a 2 stud articulating bracket which is going to cost you $100+ and take 2-3 hrs to install because it will have to be centered within 3/16" or look like ****. You need to play hardball.

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
Story time

I've told this story before, but it seems I should tell it again. A good friend of mine in the GC business used to do work for a C-Store owner who happened to be Asian Indian. The guy always tried to haggle him down on his price, but he always held his ground. One day the Indian asked Mike (my friend) to lunch. At lunch he told Mike that his prices were good, but his family was giving him a hard time for doing business with Mike w/out getting a lower price. So, he told Mike that in the future, add 10% to the price he wanted, then let him negotiate the price down 10% so he could save face with his family.

Now this happened back in the early/mid 90's, so I guess things could have changed by now.

·
Petulant Amateur
24,241 Posts
I dunno. I think it's good business to recognize that people from different cultures do things differently. In this country, it's predicted that eventually us European descendants will be in the minority. If I don't modify my business approach, I'm missing out on a big demographic. I don't like arguing over price and, to be honest, it really bothers me but it is becoming the new reality.

·
Registered
289 Posts
You can get metal insert panels for drop ceilings just be sure to wire them up so they don't ever fall. I have used them to mount various things in retail stores for years.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts