Electrician Talk banner

cutler hammer br panels

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  greenman 
#1 ·
i opened up a box today that contained a 125 amp MLO 3 phase panel today , i went to install it and suprised when i pulled the cover off of the panel . it didnt have what i would refer to as main lugs
to me main lugs are at the end of the bus . this panel did not have those but had feed through lugs on the first three stabs which royaly screwed me over as i needed those spaces . is this a normal thing for CH 3 phase MLO panels ? i have installed plenty of br series single phase MLO and they had the lugs at the end of the bus

or am i just sheltered ?

#5 ·
LOL you're just sheltered. :) I have seen them like that before, and also in ITE/Murray, and Westinghouse. In fact I think I have one of those lug-to-bus-stabs in my junkpile.​

it really screwed my day , i needed the guts out of the 3phase panel
to replace them in a single phase panel , the single phase panel was a BR 12/24 and the 3 phase was a 12/24 the cans were the same size everything was good except i lost the 3 spaces for the :censored: bus lug pos

#6 ·
yep, the suck to tie in too,
i opened up a box today that contained a 125 amp MLO 3 phase panel today , i went to install it and suprised when i pulled the cover off of the panel . it didnt have what i would refer to as main lugs
to me main lugs are at the end of the bus . this panel did not have those but had feed through lugs on the first three stabs which royaly screwed me over as i needed those spaces . is this a normal thing for CH 3 phase MLO panels ? i have installed plenty of br series single phase MLO and they had the lugs at the end of the bus

or am i just sheltered ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.