Electrician Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have info on cutler ch load centers not meeting insurance underwriters specifications.

·
corn-fused
4,769 Posts
if there is, it could be a BIG problem, ch ,eaton , and some others made by same co.!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no link, just a letter sent to a client, doesn't specifically state cutler hammer, but those are the installed panels

·
corn-fused
4,769 Posts
if it doesnt state anything "specific" then i would think you need to contact co. , or ignore it as a 'troll' thing!:blink:

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Might be related to a very INDIRECT connection to FPE.

After FPE went TU, there were a lot of installed panels so a big market for someone to support. When GTE Sylvania got broken up, the distribution equipment factory was not bought by anyone and was going to close, so the executive bought it and named it Challenger. They inherited supporting Zinsco, then he got them into making other aftermarket breakers for other mfrs, one of which was FPE. Eventually there were complications of all that and then Challenger was later bought by Eaton, who also owns Cutler Hammer. But Eaton did NOT continue on with the Zinsco and FPE aftermarket stuff because of all the problems, however some people assumed they did. They sold that stuff off to American Circuit Breaker, who became Connecticut Elec., who still sells it. Yet still, a lot of people get confused about all of this and jump to incorrect conclusions based on having only pieces of the information.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
42 space 200 main breaker, and 30 or 32 space 150 main breaker, installed 8 months ago

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,547 Posts
Does anybody have info on cutler ch load centers not meeting insurance underwriters specifications.
sounds like grounds for a nice lawsuit

·
Registered
31,175 Posts
I am out of the office and do not have access to the paper work, but I was told that Square D has sent us a recall notice for some circuit breakers, no idea which ones.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts