Electrician Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Kind of a big deal here
Joined
·
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Retired Account
Joined
·
39,697 Posts

Yesterday, all my plugmoug was red tagged away
Now it looks as though they've complied to stay
Oh, I believe in yesterday

Suddenly, I'm it's not half the price it used to be
There's a heavy invoice owed to me.
Oh, yesterday came suddenly


~C(w/apologies to the Fab4)S~
 

·
Electric Al
Joined
·
4,823 Posts

Yesterday, all my plugmoug was red tagged away
Now it looks as though they've complied to stay
Oh, I believe in yesterday

Suddenly, I'm it's not half the price it used to be
There's a heavy invoice owed to me.
Oh, yesterday came suddenly


~C(w/apologies to the Fab4)S~



The spelling police forgive you , because your lyrics are great !

Keep up the good work ! :laughing:
 

·
Kind of a big deal here
Joined
·
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wpgshocker said:
How do you get to use that in a kitchen? I mean that sincerely, I know up here that won't fly.
Why not? We mount it to the underside of the upper cabinets. As long as it's within 18" of the countertop it counts. I've even been using it on the underside of the front edge of countertops.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
826 Posts
In Canada we only have 2 choices for kitchen counter receptacles. Multi outlet assemblies are not on the list.

26-722
except as may be permitted by Items (c) and (d), at least two branch circuits shall be provided for receptacles (5-15R split or 5-20R) installed for kitchen counters of dwelling units in accordance with Rule26-712(d)(iii), (iv), and (v); and
(i)no more than two receptacles shall be connected to a branch circuit;
(Ii) and no other outlets shall be connected to these circuits;
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,201 Posts
Thanks for sharing this! I will have to demand it to be an instock item at the supply house.

Is the GFCI cutout the same size as the recep cutouts? And I'm assuming it's pretty obvious that they are all protected on the load side so you only really need one of the gfci plugmolds if feeding plugmolds down the line/same circuit under another cabinet?
 

·
Kind of a big deal here
Joined
·
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wpgshocker said:
In Canada we only have 2 choices for kitchen counter receptacles. Multi outlet assemblies are not on the list. 26-722 except as may be permitted by Items (c) and (d), at least two branch circuits shall be provided for receptacles (5-15R split or 5-20R) installed for kitchen counters of dwelling units in accordance with Rule26-712(d)(iii), (iv), and (v); and (i)no more than two receptacles shall be connected to a branch circuit; (Ii) and no other outlets shall be connected to these circuits;
What a pain. So if there are 8 outlets on a kitchen counter, you need 4 circuits?
 

·
Kind of a big deal here
Joined
·
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
svh19044 said:
Thanks for sharing this! I will have to demand it to be an instock item at the supply house. Is the GFCI cutout the same size as the recep cutouts? And I'm assuming it's pretty obvious that they are all protected on the load side so you only really need one of the gfci plugmolds if feeding plugmolds down the line/same circuit under another cabinet?
Yes, it looked to be the exact same size as the rest. I only had one inspector give me problems with not alternating circuits with the standard Plugmold. I ended up spending a lot of time accomplishing this... Inspector agreed to let me alternate circuits per cabinet space.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,050 Posts
electricmalone said:
Spent extra time and money I didn't have to spend, putting in Plugmold in a kitchen. AFCI breaker, dead face GFCI in a 4square below the panel, load side up to kitchen counter. Then I see this at local supply house this morning... Plugmold, TR, with built in GFI. They also had it with USB charging ports. http://www.legrand.us/wiremold/raceway/plugmold-systems/2000gfci-steel-multioutlet-system/2000gfci-plugmold-multioutlet-system.aspx#.UyBN7JK9KSM
You're already on 2014?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,544 Posts
Yes, it looked to be the exact same size as the rest. I only had one inspector give me problems with not alternating circuits with the standard Plugmold. I ended up spending a lot of time accomplishing this... Inspector agreed to let me alternate circuits per cabinet space.
There is no requirement to alternate circuits. You are required to have 2 circuits to feed your countertop outlets, however you can lay those circuits out any way you wish. It is a good design to alternate circuits but not a code requirement.
 

·
Kind of a big deal here
Joined
·
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
EBFD6 said:
There is no requirement to alternate circuits. You are required to have 2 circuits to feed your countertop outlets, however you can lay those circuits out any way you wish. It is a good design to alternate circuits but not a code requirement.
Try working in Pembroke, Quincy, Hingham, Hull, most towns down the Cape. It's a "requirement" if you don't want a hassle... I've done it for as long as I can remember, so not a big deal to me, just that particular instance was a pain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,544 Posts
Try working in Pembroke, Quincy, Hingham, Hull, most towns down the Cape. It's a "requirement" if you don't want a hassle... I've done it for as long as I can remember, so not a big deal to me, just that particular instance was a pain.
I don't do resi, so it wouldn't be an issue I have to deal with anyway. I was just pointing out that, while it is a good design, if alternating circuits isn't possible (like when using plug mold) then the inspector can go pound sand. It really doesn't matter what he wants, if it isn't in the code, too bad for him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
This is a nice product. And the multiple finishes available are a good thing. A couple of questions for those who use this variant. Are the various finishes 2000 series Plugmold only or can you get the raceway and cover in them as well? Second, I don't know about this particular line but you used to be able to get Plugmold with alternating circuits factory made. Two hots, one neutral, one ground. I know I can still get this in 2400 Plugmold series but what about this 2000 stuff? I also understand we are dealing with Plugmold here and not Wiremold components for scratch building. Still, this is a welcome lineup to me. Sure beat the old 'buff' coloured crap that used to be the only option. And dig that usb charging port too. Thanks for sharing. BTW, if you have not worked with the 2400 Plug and Wiremold you will quickly see why they discontinued the 2100 line.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top