Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Funny story for today. My guys and I are taking break this morning and one of the data installers comes storming into the area we were sitting looking like he is about to cry and then punch someone. He looks at me and says that he just got shocked from wires sticking out of the wall and I need to fix it. The only live power on the entire floor is from my temp power box. I tell him that it is impossible but I will come take a look. He walks me over and points out a box that just got cut in and the other end of the wire is coiled up in the ceiling right above his head. I started laughing, bent over and put the wires on my tongue and smiled at him. He about pooped his pants right there and I walked out of the room laughing my a$$ off.

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
KneePads said:
Funny story for today. My guys and I are taking break this morning and one of the data installers comes storming into the area we were sitting looking like he is about to cry and then punch someone. He looks at me and says that he just got shocked from wires sticking out of the wall and I need to fix it. The only live power on the entire floor is from my temp power box. I tell him that it is impossible but I will come take a look. He walks me over and points out a box that just got cut in and the other end of the wire is coiled up in the ceiling right above his head. I started laughing, bent over and put the wires on my tongue and smiled at him. He about pooped his pants right there and I walked out of the room laughing my a$$ off.
Future Darwin Award winner.

·
ET rocks
2,875 Posts
Cool tweet bro.

·
Registered
782 Posts
hope this wont start the all time war HV vrs LV

Sent from my HUAWEI Y210-0100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: KennyW

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I know I sure cry like a little baby... Anytime I see the work an electrician did on our low voltage work and how he destroyed it

ZING

Let the mudslinging begin

Reactions: Ty Wrapp

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
Hey ease up bro.. it's way better than his old name on here.. FemininePads.

:whistling2:
Reminds me of a quote from "Robin Hood, Men in Tights":
Price John- "What kind of name is Latrine, anyway?"
Latrine- "It's not my original name, I changed it in the 9th century."
Prince John-" You...changed it to Latrine?"
Latrine- "Yeah, I used to be named Sh*thouse."

:laughing:

·
Jesus Scott
9,382 Posts
****in bad ass electrician! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Donuts > Fried Eggs
17,042 Posts
I used to have a stock of pacifiers and little travel bottles of "No More Tears" shampoo. Every job there's always That Guy who has temper tantrums about everything. I'd start leaving those in his lunchbox/truck/hardhat/work-area.

Some guys got the point, and the ones who didn't, it was at least funny enough for everybody else to make the crying worth it. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I pulled o coax across the roof trusses at a Home Depot.went to term it later and got a pretty good static shock. Not quite as bad as after high potting a 4160 feeder to 20 k without a good ground to slapstick it:sleep1::sleep1:

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
I often get weird zaps in my hands or arm that is some kind of natural thing, but I always think it's a shock. So now I just work live all the time so I know it actually is a shock.
I can't imagine anything wierd happening with you Frunk:jester:

The carpal tunnel in my hands gives me those shocks all the time. I'm never quite sure if it's real or just the damn nerves in my hands acting up again.

·
Electrical Contractor
Trying to retire or at least slow down a bit, but life not cooperating
5,261 Posts
Did you ever stab yourself with one of the strands in a #12 and wonder if you got shocked or stabbed?
Had my phone vibrate at the most inopportune times:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts