Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A 4 OHM resistor, 10 ohm resistor, and a 6 ohm resistor are connected and parallel across a 12 volt battery, what is the current flow through the 4 ohm resistor?

·
fertilizer distrubuter
1,250 Posts
A 4 ohm resistor and one billion 10 ohm resistors are in parallel with a 12 volt battery. The a current through the 4 ohm resistor is 3 amps.

·
fertilizer distrubuter
1,250 Posts
Interesting point: Current does not take the path of least ressistance. It takes all available paths independently.

When I hear someone say electricity takes the path of least resistance I know to ignore everything else they say about electrical theory.

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
A 4 ohm resistor and one billion 10 ohm resistors are in parallel with a 12 volt battery. The a current through the 4 ohm resistor is 3 amps.
I think that would look like a short circuit. A little too much drama to demonstrate your point, :laughing: :jester:

·
ANY MONKEY CAN RUN!
1,769 Posts
Interesting point: Current does not take the path of least ressistance. It takes all available paths independently.

When I hear someone say electricity takes the path of least resistance I know to ignore everything else they say about electrical theory.

Well I think what they are trying to say is more current will flow into the least resistance of a circuit .But yes I must have said that many times
and your correct don't ever trust anything I say .:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Now that you were spoon fed the answer, do you have any idea why? Im trying to help you out for your test here.

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,547 Posts
Now that you were spoon fed the wrong answer, do you have any idea why? Im trying to help you out for your test here.
fixed it for ya

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,547 Posts
since you didn't listen in class, or didn't go to class, here's a little help to get you started to figuring out the correct answer:

now, using kirchoff's law, solve the nodes for the currents. then you will have your answer the testing co wanted you to waste your time getting. then if you consider the axiom that ckts in parallel have the same voltage, you will understand the answers above.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well anytime you like to ask me a question go for it lets see what you know
about electrical theory hot shot . Get your basic book out find something go for it mc clarys electric .
Pipe I have a question why so many double neutrals what type of equipment or job is this . The photo shows springs on the transformer isolation from what?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
piperunner said:
Well anytime you like to ask me a question go for it lets see what you know about electrical theory hot shot . Get your basic book out find something go for it mc clarys electric .
If he's asking you the question why would he answer it?

·
Premium Member
7,413 Posts
A 4 OHM resistor, 10 ohm resistor, and a 6 ohm resistor are connected and parallel across a 12 volt battery, what is the current flow through the 4 ohm resistor?

They gave you the answer, now what is the resistance total of the parallel circuit ?

·
ANY MONKEY CAN RUN!
1,769 Posts
If he's asking you the question why would he answer it?

Well I like the big shots on this forum who present themselves as the electrical guru . your funny do you follow the pack .
Go ahead and back up your boy so you get browning points Elephante
maybe some day you will be a 10k poster child .

Go ahead and ask me anything seize the moment about theory or electrical lets see what us conduit construction guys know iam not impressed with the ones who talk but don't back it up .

As far as schooling goes you and Mc Donalds electric pick a subject and will discuss it . But basically it turns into a free for all which the peanut
crew chimes in and no one can discuss anything .Or the bible thumping crew telling us the code is always correct and has no flaws.

Iam all ears lets have a real theory class so I can learn from the best funny part is when i input anything about theory no one can discuss it they just recite the code book .Or the MH guys come in to save the day that's fun.:no:

I only see guys who have only attended apprenticeship school but no real back ground other than that if you think that's school your dreaming.
Its the internet you can be a engineer or a electrician which one are you. LOL
This is just a joke don't take it too hard hope I didn't offend you
or Mc Donalds electric I can tell by his company site he exceeds the limits of what most electrical contractors do.
LOL :laughing::laughing:

And Phaser its yes for vibration its a performing arts center sound is important they check the DB,s fully loaded .

·
Registered
742 Posts
I figure if he wants to know how figure out the problem or why it is that way, he would have asked. If he is just asking for the easy answer, then crash and burn. Learning starts with attitude.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts