Electrician Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am chosen to do the design sys. + do the wiring of new a dental office that is giong to have five dental chairs.

I think I have to put this note on plan and execute it .

"NEC 517-13 A+B saying provis effective groundin path by installing double-ground, green armord cable..... (not ceiling mounted light fixtures)"

Also I have to cross connect panel boards grounnding bus bars if more than one in area of patients.

I do not need to provid isolated grounding system, do I ?????

is this all I have to consider????

Thank you for your answer, recommend.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Hi,
I am chosen to do the design sys. + do the wiring of new a dental office that is giong to have five dental chairs.

"NEC 517-13 A+B saying provis effective groundin path by installing double-ground, green armord cable..... (not ceiling mounted light fixtures)"

Also I have to cross connect panel boards grounnding bus bars if more than one in area of patients.

No you do not need to.

·
corn-fused
4,769 Posts
isolated grounds are normally for electronics, but ca. has more rules than anywhere. check locally:whistling2:

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
If you are sharp with a emt bender, you can pipe out all your patient care area receptacles and switches in emt and pull a ground wire.

·
Pool Shark
472 Posts
Hi,

Check to see if the Dentist is just performing local anesthesia and not general anesthesia. Local anesthesia is not considered a "Health Care Occupancy" See 517.2 Definitions
Also consider it may be better to ran EMT with green conductor to meet the double ground requirement if indeed you do need it.
And no, isolated grounds are not permitted anymore in healthcare facilities.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts