Electrician Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sitting in the chair right now waiting for numbing to set in. Dentist asked me to run a few outlets for monitors in patient rooms. Any special codes you're aware of in a dental office?

·
Freelance Member
1,370 Posts
kgb62 said:
Im sitting in the chair right now waiting for numbing to set in. Dentist asked me to run a few outlets for monitors in patient rooms. Any special codes you're aware of in a dental office?
Yes. A fair amount. Going to have to do some research.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Read all of Article 517.

ARTICLE 517 Health Care Facilities
Informational Note:  Text that is followed by a reference in brackets has been extracted from NFPA 99-2012, Health Care Facilities Code, and NFPA 101-2012, Life Safety Code. Only editorial changes were made to the extracted text to make it consistent with this Code.
I. General
517.1 Scope. The provisions of this article shall apply to electrical construction and installation criteria in health care facilities that provide services to human beings.
The requirements in Parts II and III not only apply to single-function buildings but are also intended to be individually applied to their respective forms of occupancy within a multifunction building (e.g., a doctor’s examining room located within a limited care facility would be required to meet the provisions of 517.10).
Informational Note:  For information concerning performance, maintenance, and testing criteria, refer to the appropriate health care facilities documents.

·
Electrical Simpleton
3,350 Posts
The office spaces i.g. Waiting areas, reception areas, etc... are not required to comply with 517.

Any of the exam rooms or areas where patients receive medical care must adhere to 517.

Pete

·
NJ-IEC
14,387 Posts
I'm having a lot of work done at the dentist too. I don't want to get into details but I'm in the same boat. I did about $8 grand worth of work on the basis of "do the work and let us know what it costs when you're done." I don't have a lot of customers like that, but I have a few. When it came time to invoice I asked her if she could make my smile more appealing. So far so good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.